A short pollack session

Snatcher

Snatcher reporting in from Mariners Cafe,Drummore

Decided to have a couple of hours pollacking on the west side of the Mull with a couple of mates from our site,Pete and his son David. Our intended mark I had not fished for a couple of years and had forgotten what a "yomp" it was down !!! We eventually got to the bottom and set up spinning rods with an assortment of lures. Everything was tried between the three of us,dexter wedges,tobys,Snatcher sandeels,natural sandeels,Storm sandeels etc.

2-96.jpg

I started off catching the usual small guys and even a launce. We did start catching pollack to a better stamp eventually,they were averaging 2 to 4 lbs with a few a bit bigger. I discarded the camera and started unhooking them at the waters edge to facilitate a better release for the fish.

1-118.jpg

3-81.jpg

I shot back early as tea was set for a certain time and "Uncle Norrie" was dining with us so I did not want to be late. I did manage to take a picture of David with one of his pollack before it was released. All in all a good little session with all of the fish being safely returned. Bring on the next one.

4a-4.jpg

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher reporting in from Mariners Cafe,Drummore

Decided to have a couple of hours pollacking on the west side of the Mull with a couple of mates from our site,Pete and his son David. Our intended mark I had not fished for a couple of years and had forgotten what a "yomp" it was down !!! We eventually got to the bottom and set up spinning rods with an assortment of lures. Everything was tried between the three of us,dexter wedges,tobys,Snatcher sandeels,natural sandeels,Storm sandeels etc.

2-96.jpg

I started off catching the usual small guys and even a launce. We did start catching pollack to a better stamp eventually,they were averaging 2 to 4 lbs with a few a bit bigger. I discarded the camera and started unhooking them at the waters edge to facilitate a better release for the fish.

1-118.jpg

3-81.jpg

I shot back early as tea was set for a certain time and "Uncle Norrie" was dining with us so I did not want to be late. I did manage to take a picture of David with one of his pollack before it was released. All in all a good little session with all of the fish being safely returned. Bring on the next one.

4a-4.jpg

John

:rolleyes: Nice coalie. :rolleyes:

Three species there John,nice wee session. Was over your way on Sunday,poaching your marks,had pollack to 7lb 2oz and eleven species in total.I noticed that Logan lighthouse has been rebuilt! :D

Safety habits last a lifetime.

Some good sport Snatcher. :thumbs:

:o haven't seen a Launce caught for a wee while, good to see they're back.

Was down West Tarbert sunday 6th , had a few small Pollack / Coalies and once nice 4lb+ Pollack. - 3rd cast! got a picture, but it doesn't do it justice. :rolleyes:

hope to get down in a few weeks time again.

Tight lines everyone!

:o haven't seen a Launce caught for a wee while, good to see they're back.

Was down West Tarbert sunday 6th , had a few small Pollack / Coalies and once nice 4lb+ Pollack. - 3rd cast! got a picture, but it doesn't do it justice. :rolleyes:

hope to get down in a few weeks time again.

Call in next time Colin it would be good to see you again. Hope to see ya over the summer Tom :)

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 4 weeks later...
Nice session,those pollack are quite a handsome looking fish,and quite a nice size too.

Cheers Chris :rolleyes: Fancy a go for those Kingfish in Sydney Harbour again mate??? Assuming Amanda stays there we will be over for another 2/3 month stint next year :D

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair