Storm soft bodied lures

Tony U

I have just purchased more of these lures than is sensible, from the Harris Angling Bargain of the day.

http://www.harrisangling.co.uk/bargainlist.asp

I am going to give a few of them a bash on the Kent and Sussex Rother tomorrow and see how they fare.

Has any body had any success with these? or am I just wasting my time and money.

They do look good it must be said.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are decidedly great! Newt sent me a whopper and I christened it this afternoon after nothing else, naturel or artificial worked. Work 'em slow, at all depths, including dragging them along the bottom, great!

Tony - which one(s) did you get? And I agree with Peter that they are good lures.

Peter - glad to hear that 9" monster fishes well. Any takes?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt I got the following:

Storm Wildeye Rippin Minnow -Size: 8inch - Chartreuse Silver

Storm Wildeye Rattle Split Tail Minnow - Colour/Size: 4inch Rainbow Trout

Storm Wildeye Rattle Shrimp 4 Inch: Colour: Nature

Storm Wildeye Jerkin Minnow - Colour: Limetreuse - Saltwater

Storm Wildeye Curltail Minnow - Size: 4inch Rainbow Trout

Storm Wildeye Buzz'n Tail Shad - Colour: Watermelon Storm Wildeye Jigging Shad:

Colour: Mullet - 6 inch - 42g

Storm Wildeye Jiggin Soft Minnow: - Colour: Fathead Minnow

Storm Naturistic Shrimp - Colour/Size: 4inch Tiger Shrimp Storm Naturistic Shrimp - Colour/Size: 2inch Smoke Firetail

The shrimp are for fishing the flats in Cayo Gullermo and Pena Paradon Grande in Cuba in April Hopefully the bones might be interested.

The rest are for pike and perch

[ 19. February 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Yes, christened it with a flawless 18 pounder, only fish of the day, and what a day. Swirling, stinging squalls of savage hail, driven by gale force winds, visability down to a few yards. Brillient sunshine and blue skies turning leaden black in a matter of moments. Torrential rain turning to swirling snow. Calm water suddenly becoming a maelstrom of whitened water. About the only thing we didn't get was thunder! Awe inspiring stuff, exciting to be out there, and blessed hard work for just one fish!

Peter

Where were you fishing? the North Pole?

Sounds as if it was a s cold as Timsbury last week.

It can't get as cold as that in Kent, can it?

Tony

Sounds like a great day to be out though. One that will stick in the memory.

Tony - I like your selection. If you happen to be fishing a water with a crayfish population, give your shrimp lures a try.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt

I had also bought some Rattle Hot Craw Tubes earlier (this inspired my larger purchase.

I am going to use them for Chub this summer on my local river which has large numbers of signal crayfish.

Tony

Love to hear how you get on with them. I like tubes but had no idea chub might go for them. Interesting.

What sort of rod/reel/line do you use? I stay mostly with baitcasters on 6.5 to 7 ft rods and spooled with 30lb PowerPro but I gather that may not be what most UK lure anglers like.

Tony U:

Peter

Where were you fishing? the North Pole?

Sounds as if it was a s cold as Timsbury last week.

It can't get as cold as that in Kent, can it?

No, from the end of my garden! Uncanny, unnaturel sort of weather, snowing like fury at the moment.