The Conclusive Answer!

Shanghai Lilly

, know any good lines to keep National Trust dowagers off my case while I deliver a floating crust?

When I get my collar felt on gorilla sessions I always play the lost tourist card. As it happens I’ve got a unfished virgin lake on my July things to do list, set the lush grounds of some posh old house, conference centre/hotel, it just reeks big fish, you know, when you just know, that inner voice, instinct, this place just ticks all the boxes. There’s also a golf course pond of major interest, I just haven’t found any suitable headwear yet.

/A Bilingual Gorilla Angler.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantage of an Englishman abroad SL [Kenneth Moore accent] My dear chap I had absolutely no idea[/Kenneth Moore accent]

Wouldn't work in the NT pond I have in mind, there'd be a stately homo or two taking me down the cellars for questioning in no time. Like bluddy carp they were, ciabatta fed rudd with a Smarties habit. A Ferrero Roche hair rig or a popped up Jelly Baby and you'd be away.

(blockend @ Jul 2 2009, 04:36 PM)

, know any good lines to keep National Trust dowagers off my case while I deliver a floating crust?

ok ,i really shouldn`t tell you this but ,heres something you can try !

you make enquiries ,stating your a (mature !) student studying fish biology And (in poticular that of your given quarry) of its biodivericty natural stocking levels and how they differ by location .and you`ve allready done the disection & the practicle study of them in their envioment all be it in a aquarium and are are now doing the research of them in their natural enviomnents to see how they have develloped in different enviomental circumstances ie.body shape and size groth rates determined by the rings on a scale (just like aging tree`s) and scale counts along the lateral line .and although you could get university equipment too electro-fish for them by stunning them ,you feel its a bit ott for such a small study for one mans disitation and feel its less stressfull for the fish if you use rod & line .tell them that the last envioment left too study is the wild/unfished estate lake where they`ve been left too their own too grow on natural food rather than a suplimentaed food sourse from anglers baits ,and it shouldn;t take more than a couple of trips to catch a veriety of samples and that the anonymity of the location will be protected .dress like a nerd / geek / biology studant if making enquiries in person

if that don`t work you could always used the now standard fall back reply

" sosy i speaky noy englishy " said in mock eastern euopean dialect . well it seems to work quite well around here on the trent :o

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

OOPS!!!!...............I reckon that i may have made a big mistake.I had two Match Aerials.I sold one a while ago and part traded the other recently.I always found them a little to wide(diameter)for easy use and casting.They were perfect for trotting though.I always thought that i could replace with a FC.I have never handled on and assumed as a "copy" they were much the same.Seems i was wrong. I had better start saving for a replacement :rolleyes: .I never found that the paint came off mine.They had plenty of use and got covered in groundbait etc.I did clean them well after each outing though.