anyone got any information on southport drains

amaturefisherman

hi i have been told by what i beleive to be a good source that southport drains hold some good tench and i know its renowned for its pike i was wondering if the tench tale is true and has any one got any information on were it would be best to fish it for them and any tackle/bait tips it would be much appreciated as i have never fished the place before thanks

Only ever lure fished it for pike but ive heard tales of Tench not been for a long while now but seems strange the only anglers i ever saw were pike fishing . Give it a shot could be easy pickings :D

Edited by 1superken

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Only ever lure fished it for pike but ive heard tales of Tench not been for a long while now but seems strange the only anglers i ever saw were pike fishing . Give it a shot could be easy pickings :D

ano well i thought the same but on the website it says tench to 10lbs so i am deffo giving it a go cant hurt i suppose thanks for the help

If you go there thinking it will be "easy pickings" you will be very dissappointed! If you go there for the challenge of catching decent fish from a water stuffed with natural food (fish who therefore have no need to take any bait that looks remotely suspicious) then you might get some satisfaction.

Guest tigger

Years back Southport drains where noted for Bream, tench and big roach. I was talkin to a couple of chaps who live very near to the drains and they said that the water still had plenty good fish but like anywhere you get good days and bad ones, just keep pluggin at it till you get lucky.

I would imagin Dave Lumb would have info on the waters(if he's about) as he's not to far from them.

Edited by tigger