dover, folkestone, Herne bay

sam2323

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, i have been Kayak fishing for a couple of years but only at a very basic level. I have an Ocean Kayak Frenzy on which i have mounted a rod holder. I never go far from shore and only in good weather as i am always alone not knowing anyone to go with. I have had limited success actually catching fish apart from Mackeral and one amazing session at the old pier head at herne Bay when i caught a 5lb Bass, a 3lb Bass and 3 smaller ones, all on a Toby spinner. I have generally just trolled with lures and as i mentioned have had little success, i want to try different methods of fishing and would love to find someone to go out with, for the company, safety and to learn more. So if there is anyone in the South East, I live in Canterbury, give us a shout if your up for a bit of company. I have generally fished at Dover, Folkestone, sandgate and Hythe, i quite fancy having a bit of a paddle round some of the spots off the thanet coast such as Joss Bay,

Sam.

Hi Sam and welcome to Anglers Net. I just didn't want you to think you were invisible.

Weekends are pretty slow on the forums but hopefully someone who lives in your area will be along soon.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, i have been Kayak fishing for a couple of years but only at a very basic level. I have an Ocean Kayak Frenzy on which i have mounted a rod holder. I never go far from shore and only in good weather as i am always alone not knowing anyone to go with. I have had limited success actually catching fish apart from Mackeral and one amazing session at the old pier head at herne Bay when i caught a 5lb Bass, a 3lb Bass and 3 smaller ones, all on a Toby spinner. I have generally just trolled with lures and as i mentioned have had little success, i want to try different methods of fishing and would love to find someone to go out with, for the company, safety and to learn more. So if there is anyone in the South East, I live in Canterbury, give us a shout if your up for a bit of company. I have generally fished at Dover, Folkestone, sandgate and Hythe, i quite fancy having a bit of a paddle round some of the spots off the thanet coast such as Joss Bay,

Sam.

I'm down in Romney Marsh and am in much the same situation having only ever been out solo. I would feel more comfortable going on longer trips with others. I don't often have the time to venture far away from these parts but if you ever come to the Hythe area I would gladly join you, I can't promise to make you catch more fish as most of my fishing has been from the shore, and bigger boats that go beyond the range of most kayak trips. Try looking on the anglers afloat and the sussex kayak fishing web sites for local events. cheers, Steve.

There are two or three of us who fish Hythe/Sandgate, we should get together.

You don't need to kayak long distances, the extra advantage of a few hundred yards offshore is a big bonus, I caught plenty of Cod at low tide during the day at Hythe.

Then there are Sandgate reefs to troll a lure over, or the Metropol rocks Folksetone, all close to shore.

Look us up on the kayak section of worldseafishing .com

• 3 weeks later...
Hi mate im in exactly the same situation just bought a frenzy only been out a few times send me a message if u wanna talk ps i live in folkestone

I'll be up for going out as soon as the wind drops a bit, i was thinking of having a go trying for some Bass around Hythe, Sandgate way I work shifts so am available all through the week at different times my phone number is 07834400279 send us a text. I cant send PM's it says there not enabled does anyone know how to sort this please?

PM requires full member status which happens automatically after your 15th post.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'll be up for going out as soon as the wind drops a bit, i was thinking of having a go trying for some Bass around Hythe, Sandgate way I work shifts so am available all through the week at different times my phone number is 07834400279 send us a text. I cant send PM's it says there not enabled does anyone know how to sort this please?

Ah, i see, thanks