two carp on a plummet!!!!

Anthony78

a few lads went to morlands farm in worcestershire on wednesday to practice for our fur and feather. unfortunately i couldnt make it as i had to work. while one of the lads were plumbing up a carp took it squarely in the mouth. he even managed to land it. at around 7lb it was one of the biggest fish of the day. He put this down to fluke and carried on fishing,only for the same thing to happen again later in the day but he lost this one.

I thought it might be that the fish saw the puffs of dirt/silt and has taken the bait thinking it was an insect or worm.

has anybody ever heard of this??

Effort equals reward!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Budgie - no one ever even hinted that pike are smart.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Fair point guys plus being a real mans fish the pike are just being aggressive and laying the law down to the strange object in its mannor! :D:D

[ 26. November 2004, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Newt:

But Budgie - no one ever even hinted that pike are smart.

Which is just as well when you look at some Pike anglers. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

But atleast pike don't just take plummets without there being a bait hooked onto the tackle somewhere near!

And strangely enough pike rarely fall for a boilie!!

[ 26. November 2004, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]