two carp on a plummet!!!!

Anthony78

Like the rest of here, Wordbender, I'd been waiting patiently for five years for you to pick Peter up on that point :D

And another thing; why is the Waller based pest control always left to me, eh? Eh? :rolleyes:

I mean, it's not as if swatting him, or parrying his crude thrusts at the nation's gentle carping folk, is difficult, is it? :P

Now then. :P

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite agree I once very nearly landed a low double pike which attacked my baitdropper and wouldn't let go - would have landed it if I'd had my net set up! And a few years ago my mate Glenn came barbelling with me and caught his PB pike of 16lb 4oz on a ledgered (and static!) pellet.

C.

Chris i may be wrong but didn`t the record Zander come to a pellet ?? well stupid these predators eh!! , Not having a morning on the river in this nice weather then ?? :lol: .

Had another Pike swim into the landing net whilst landing another before they are a bit :wacko: at times steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Oh blimey, a which fish is brainier competition. What a lot of crap. ALL species I've encountered with any regularity have had their days when they've fallen for just about anything and that includes Carp AND Pike AND Perch AND Roach AND Trout AND Salmon....blah blah blah.

My point is, there are days when fish are seemingly the daftest animals alive and you cannot fail to fill your boots no matter how pathetic your rig/bait/method is.

On the other hand, there are days when you cannot catch your chosen species, no matter how hard you try.

Yes pike have attacked boilies and roach have pecked split-shot and carp have eaten plummets and barbel have eaten black-pudding yet each one has mystical stories written about them as if they should be THE purists chosen quarry but each and every one of us can recount stories when they have caught these same fish doing something even your average noddy can manage when they're pished.

What does it all mean?

It means, that's FISHING! Nothing is ever written in stone. A few in here are probably old enough to have written on stone mind you and they can probably prove this to be true more than most.

They just have the years to have seen it happen.

Carp are smart, pike are daft and vice-versa.....if you believe either to be true, you're as daft as the very fish that prove your silly anecdotes.

.....Andy..... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...