Best Kayak?

Manrock

Hi all,

I know this has probably been asked before but........

I want the best kayak for sea fishing (east Devon) that £500-£600 can buy. I need something stable, quick, lots of easy stowage space and easy to transport.

I've trawled the internet and come up with the Ocean Prowler 13 or the Wilderness System Tarpon 135 as possible options. What do you think?

And if its not to much trouble.................what's the best floatation jacket for paddling around in for less than £100?

Thanks for any input - I'm really excited about joining this sport!

Look here for reviews if you haven't already.

And have a look here for safety items. You'll need more than just a flotation jacket if you are going to sea.

I have P13 and I like it alot. I spent a great deal of time searching myself before going for it. Plenty of space and easy to get around. Not fast but reliably stable. The storage is marginal in my opinion though.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Hiya Manrock

I see your from East Devon.

If you havnt got a kayak yet,there is a meet at Exmouth this weekend.If you can,get yourself down there.There will be loads of Kayaks to try out

zzippy2.gif

If you havnt got a kayak yet,there is a meet at Exmouth this weekend.If you can,get yourself down there.There will be loads of Kayaks to try out

Thanks for that Zippy.

Sounds like a good chance to look some fishing kayaks over.

Is it a club meet? I'd like to join a local club so that I can find a fishing buddy - my wife is worried about me fishing alone!

Where in Exmouth do you meet? What day will it be on? Do I need to introduce myself to anyone in particular?

Thanks again

Thanks for that Zippy.

Is it a club meet? I'd like to join a local club so that I can find a fishing buddy - my wife is worried about me fishing alone!

Where in Exmouth do you meet? What day will it be on? Do I need to introduce myself to anyone in particular?

Thanks again

Half way down page with link to forum posts

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/

Thanks for that Zippy.

Thanks again

all the information you need is on this thread dude. click on the linkage below.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Exmouth...NLI-t83427.html

directions: btw if you have to come through Exeter just remember that the devon county show is on this friday and saturday so traffic could be a problem.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=firef...=1&ct=image

Edited by cannonfodder