Wrecking from Weymouth Sunday

I hope he's ok, the weather is awful ;) ! I'd rather be at home doing the ironing :o. ................... lucky s*d I cant go out, have new boat ready and waiting but have had to lend my car to a friend in need!!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we're not highjacking Ken's post, :black_eye::offtopic:

Norrie, that Mary has a good reputation, if she says your going to catch a Blue Shark, she'll use all her skills to get you one.

Don't forget the :camera:shark.gif

LOL, Dont worry John, I wont..:)

We are with her for a week...canny wait.... :thumbs:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I'm taking one to Ireland in July, for the trip with Mary gavin Hughes...gonny open it when I get my Blue Shark!!!! :rolleyes:

You can get your Blue Shark after I've had mine :D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

You can get your Blue Shark after I've had mine :D

Sorry Davy, I'm first in the queue. Already done the wish list with her..:):rolleyes::)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I hope we're not highjacking Ken's post, :black_eye::offtopic:

Norrie, that Mary has a good reputation, if she says your going to catch a Blue Shark, she'll use all her skills to get you one.

Don't forget the :camera:shark.gif

Don't mind a bit :D nice to see so much interest.

Well I arrived back this morning and what a grand trip we had. Set off for Bournemouth with Roger and stayed with Debs mum so that we would be ready for an early start without to much pain :D

We were sailing at 7am so Roger and myself set off for Weymouth to arrive for 6am at the ferry terminal cafe for breakfast. We met a young lad called WelshWarrior on the forum who had been out on a private boat from Weymouth on Saturday after flatties but it was quiet with a few plaice.

Arrived at Flamer III and met up with the rest of the crew who had travelled down in the early hours.

IMG_0015-2.jpg

The "A" Team with me sat there looking like an old version of the flower pot men :lol:

We set off around Portland head to pick up some bait and the mackerel came in thick and fast and after about twenty minutes we were head out to the first wreck to bait fish for ling.

My first fish was a personal best whiting which after I had gutted it and put it in the ice box some bright spark suggested we should have weighed it, well back home it pushed my shop scales down to 2lb. 2ozs so I would guess some where in the region of 2lb 8oz intact, but by far my best whiting ever.

2008_0512Weymouth0010.jpg

Picture just prior to hitting the frying pan

So I had the first fish off the wreck followed ten minutes later by the second fish a 16lb ling

kenling08.jpg

After pumping that up from 200' I decided it was time to take a rest and give the rest a chance :rolleyes::D

2008_0512Weymouth0001.jpg

Alan with his first of three ling

2008_0512Weymouth0002.jpg

Roger with his first

2008_0512Weymouth0004.jpg

Kev with the biggest of the day weighing in at 23lb, I needed one around that size for a personal best but it was not to be and I had to settle for a second one of 14lb.

2008_0512Weymouth0009.jpg

Roger's second of three

2008_0512Weymouth0008.jpg

Colin having a bit of fun with Roger

Every one on board had two or three ling each, intermingled with some large pouting and some smaller pollock.

As the tide picked up we moved further afield onto a couple more wrecks using a variety of jellies, shads, muppets etc for the larger pollock. Some nice fish were boated but nothing to get excited about low double at the most.

Collin was looking good which was great, we chatted about past events and he asked after Spasor (Paul).

Collin and his deck hand Jim did an excellent job, Jim took over my rod on occasions whilst I had a rest :rolleyes::D need a few work outs if I am going to make a career of wrecking.

All in all it was a great day and I will be going back shortly after the bream.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I ain`t the least bit jealous Ken. Well maybe just a `tad. But I hope to be allowed out of `dry-dock` soon :yahoo:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

I ain`t the least bit jealous Ken. Well maybe just a `tad. But I hope to be allowed out of `dry-dock` soon :yahoo:

That is excellent news Paul, glad to see your on the mend mate. :clap::clap:

Take it easy don't rush it, it's all there waiting for you.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest sandpipper

Hi Ken glad you had a good day, wish id known you were going to be in bournemouth we were there saturday evening id have liked to have met you.

Edited by sandpipper