FAO Alan Taylor...... EMLA CREAM

nursejudy

Alan the anesthetic cream you had been told about(for needle phobics) has just come off prescrition here ....Its called EMLA cream and it can now be bought over the counter from chemists,it costs £ 3 a tube,I understand you are comming over soon, not sure what it would cost you at home,but you would be able to buy some here.

Hope this helps.

Judith :)

[ 23. May 2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Alan,

You live in Holland - I was led to believe that there are lots of pain-numbing 'remedies' available over there :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

'Thanks Judy, it goes on the list with steak and kidney pies'

Dont rub steak and kidney pies into your skin Alan, it just turns it brown and smelly.

Where would you be without the advice freely available at the drop of a hat on AN ? :D

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Guest Ferret1959
argyll:

'Thanks Judy, it goes on the list with steak and kidney pies'

Dont rub steak and kidney pies into your skin Alan, it just turns it brown and smelly.

Where would you be without the advice freely available at the drop of a hat on AN ?    :D  

That's not all you get when you drop yer hat on ANet. :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Alan

links to the cream as you requested.

www.patienthealthinternational.com/...product/18.aspx

www.medicdirect.co.uk/med_cabinet/m...?pid=439&step=4

emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/h...?documentid=171

Emla Cream is often used in children (or adults who are frightened of needles) to provide skin anaesthesia for vein puncture. The local anaesthetic cream is applied to the skin for 1 hour and is held in place by an occlusive dressing.

As previously posted this cream has just been made avaiable over the counter from chemists....

hope this is enough info for you.

may the sun shine on you for this holiday and give you enough breathe to enjoy it.

xxx judith

nurse.gif

Thanks Judy, a must for any boats first aid box I would have thought.

Cant do much about the sun but am taking my own oxygeon as well as a supply at Marians, the wheel chair arrived today so could be out for a spin in the morning :D:D

Thanks again

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Another useful thing is the gel handwash ....that we use at work when someone's soap and towels are too grotty to use .

i cary it in my tackle box,now more fishy sandwiches....... or drinks.Hands lovely and clean without water and towels...Boots sell some also Superdrug....

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/skin-care/superdrug-clean-dry/

Alan may your wheelchair be comfortable and never get a puncture.

Judy

nurse.gif