River Cottage

Guest Julia

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The View from River Cottage looks back at Hugh's life in Dorset and discovers that over his years there, he has learned a set of rules - or principles - to grow by, to cook by and even to live by'

That sounds like techspeak for 'rehash' :)

I hope his cooking has improved, there are only so many way you can cut up a pig and serve it.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

im afraid the last "proper" series was a bit convoluted and stage managed.still it is an enjoyable bit escapism.i believe he does 3 day courses under his river glutton label wher they go out boat fishing and catch fish to eat,and try various meat dishes.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Ken Davison South Wales:

I hope it all works out for them as their French is some what limited :D

I hope it works out for them too. Do you know whereabouts their place is? I have a little place in Normandie myself although I have the advantage of speaking French quite well. If they really want to succeed they will need to learn French, but if I can do it so can anyone.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

T'was good. I enjoyed it. I also noted but wasn't sure what Finepix meant when she listed Chicken cooked in her 'Chicken Brick' was on another thread...still not sure but am now intrigued....thanks for that!!

Paul

Peter Waller:

I enjoy it too, but the reality is not good. Without TV and book fees he'd never survive, so its not quite as idealistic as it appears :D !

Old Etonians always seem to get by, Peter...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Paul Boote:

Old Etonians always seem to get by, Peter...

Or is it more to do with the alumni of the River Cafe where both HF-W and Jamie Oliver worked?

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine