Boilies That Smell Good Enough To Eat

Elton

I was baiting up with some Quest Baits Fruity Trifle the other day and was seriously tempted to eat one. Obviously, I didn't actually do it, but they smelt so good!

If you had to eat a particular boilie, which one would it be? And if you say "Monster Crab", then you need help... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Elton,

Well I don't think they would do you any harm!!!

When I filmed Shaun recently his comment in front of the Rahja was..."The smell makes me want a curry!!" LOL

We often used to taste our ready made boilies... even Monster Crab though I must say.. it was this way I noticed they actually all tasted pretty much the same... semolina with a flavour and sweetner.. in fact all tastes like semolina with a flavour and a sweetner.

I think though that despite what he claims, Shaun actually prefers the Korma I knock up in my camper van on the bank...

cheers

Gareth

Ibought some tutti fruiti boilies and they smell delicious,so I tried one and it tasted awful. :yucky: the white chocolate ones smell nice too but I've already learned my lesson so I'll stick to cheese and onion sandwiches. :P

I made up some floaters with Rod Hutchinson's Ultra-spice, which were so nice that I really did end up eating most of them. If they had been put out as snacks at a party I would have been well impressed.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

when I made my own boilies, I used to taste all the ones I made.

If they tasted sour or had a chemical taste like some flavourings do, I used to bin them.

Never did like the taste of Solar's Squid & Octopus Koi rearer :yucky:puke.gif

when I made my own boilies, I used to taste all the ones I made.

If they tasted sour or had a chemical taste like some flavourings do, I used to bin them.

Never did like the taste of Solar's Squid & Octopus Koi rearer :yucky:puke.gif

Same as Si.Its amazing how bitter some of the "sweet" smells/flavours can actually taste if you dont get the amount of sweetner correct. Ive found EA based flavours the worst.

Years ago when I was associated with a bait firm I was amazed how much bait one of the customers was going through."Big Clive" was well over 30 stone and a well known charecter on the Kent angling scene back in the late 80's.When I was talking to him on the banks of Nicholls Quarry I asked him about the amount of bait he was using. He replied by reaching into his cool box and picking out a boillie which he promptly popped in his mouth. "Im on the 2:1 baiting scheme Budge" he told me.

When I asked him what that was he replied " two for me and one for the fish!"

He ate them like sweets! Tropicana being his favourite..............

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!