Kids meet Hythe tomorrow

maidstonemike

Can anyone come along with their kayaks to join in the fun tomorrow at Hythe Kent for the Worldseafishing SE forums kids meet?

The weather is looking perfect, all proceeds after prizes to the Damelza House childrens hospice.

I'm going, but it would be great if the kids and parents could see a few angling kayaks there, and to promote kayak angling.

LOCATION........Range Road,Hythe,CT21 6HG Fishermans Beach

Competition starts at 10am, high tide at 3pm.

I'm launching at Stade St groyne.

Have a google if your not familiar with the area.

Can anyone come along with their kayaks to join in the fun tomorrow at Hythe Kent for the Worldseafishing SE forums kids meet?

The weather is looking perfect, all proceeds after prizes to the Damelza House childrens hospice.

I'm going, but it would be great if the kids and parents could see a few angling kayaks there, and to promote kayak angling.

LOCATION........Range Road,Hythe,CT21 6HG Fishermans Beach

Competition starts at 10am, high tide at 3pm.

I'm launching at Stade St groyne.

Have a google if your not familiar with the area.

Hello Mike.

Good luck with the meet, hope the weather holds up for you all.

Hello Yakity, the weather was good, fog to start with, as it was a very warm day. I anchored about half a mile out with another yakker, after half an hour the shore vanished in a bank of fog. Not to worry, the compass told me were we were.

After an hour, the fog cleard a bit, and later, the sun came out on a very calm pond.

The kids beach competiton went well, with a couple of the kids catching school bass to win some prizes.

They raised over £300 for the childrens hospice, a great result

Later some more kayakers arrived, and it was a great social day, although fish were scarce, just a few small dabs and whiting, no mackerel at all yet.

I did just over 6 hours, and it was very enjoyable indeed.

There were 5 kayak anglers, and quite a few leisure kayakers out there too, nice to see all the kayaks afloat.

Quite a bit of interest from some people on the beach when I landed, it was crowded. Maybe it's picking up around here, they were asking a lot of questions about the kayak etc.

I suppose when they see so many out there, it raises interest, great!

I had nobody to kayak with last year, now I have about half a dozen contacts, so it's looking up.

Edited by maidstonemike

compasses don't tell you where you are! they show direction and theres millions of parallel directions out there to choose from :D

i can go directly north from here and you can in hythe and we'd both be the same distance east or west away from each other

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

compasses don't tell you where you are! they show direction and theres millions of parallel directions out there to choose from :D

i can go directly north from here and you can in hythe and we'd both be the same distance east or west away from each other

Yes thank you Chesters, as I was anchored, and knew where I was, the compass told me where the shore was.

Go back to you knitting. :rolleyes:

it showed you the direction of north you worked out the direction the shore may be :P

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson