New pike fishing book - coming soon

mark barrett

...it just didnt really come across as written by me.

Much of it wasn't. :P

Self publishing costs all depend on what sort of quality you are prepared to accept - and/or how much of the layout you can do yourself. Even a low print run of less than 1000 can be profitable. ;)

Edited by Dave Lumb

Dave

dlstsig.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it you had no cash left for a decent OS map then and got somebodys 3yr old to doodle the map of the area? :)

Somebody giz a shout once theres a torrent kicking around , save the trees and all that keeping it electronic :)

Edited by --=Chris=--

wibble?

The more fishing books the better. Quite a few out there are quite old fashioned. Online fishing tv could do with some more pike programmes though, turning out like the mags...mostly carp orientated

The more fishing books the better. Quite a few out there are quite old fashioned. Online fishing tv could do with some more pike programmes though, turning out like the mags...mostly carp orientated

I subscribed recently and I'm pretty underwhelmed too. The old John Wilson videos are great, but there are only two of them. Some of the fly fishing videos are good. The rest is very average. I don't think I'll resubscribe unless there are more things that appeal to me. I think it's like the mags, I'm just not their target, which is fair enough but a bit disappointing for me personally!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Magazines leave me cold, only bought the odd one since the mid-70s. Seeing sponsored anglers fish plum waters for giants has zero to do with my regular fishing and makes me dissatisfied. A nice book is a different matter, in fact my angling book collection is worth a lot more than my tackle.

It's been mentioned before, but I reckon there are enough good anglers and writers (with no ties to any particular companies - sponsered anglers is my biggest pet hate!) to write a great fishing book (or several books) under the AN banner.

What do you think, Elton?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's been mentioned before, but I reckon there are enough good anglers and writers (with no ties to any particular companies - sponsered anglers is my biggest pet hate!) to write a great fishing book (or several books) under the AN banner.

What do you think, Elton?

Given your professional expertise I think you should get publishing them as a sideline!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

Given your professional expertise I think you should get publishing them as a sideline!

Rich

I'm not sure the company I work for would allow any past the proposal stage :D

I subscribed recently and I'm pretty underwhelmed too. The old John Wilson videos are great, but there are only two of them. Some of the fly fishing videos are good. The rest is very average. I don't think I'll resubscribe unless there are more things that appeal to me. I think it's like the mags, I'm just not their target, which is fair enough but a bit disappointing for me personally!

Aye. I enjoy the passion for angling and john wilson videos. Problem is they are nothing new. I forgot to cancel my sub as I didn't realise it was cheekily set up to resub you unless you cancel (you might want to check your own settings). I subscribed in the first place because I was under the impression that it would have a good variety of non carp videos. I guess you can say it does, but mainly in old shows and clips and not new videos, and not nearly as updated as carp sections. To be honest i'd be better off going out fishing more anyway than watching videos.

Edited by SPSwallow