Cracked Rod + How much is a repair?

Sparkeh

Hi Guys,

Im the kind of person that always attracts problems like this it seems...

I bought a rod off the interwebs, it arrived and one section (The but section) was snapped in half. I do not believe this was done by FedEx, because the FedEx box was in one piece.

The place i ordered it from sent out a brand new one without even wanting proof mine was broken (This leads me to thinking they already knew it was broken when they sent it). Anyway ive got a new one now and its in one piece.

However they didnt want the old rod back, well they didnt ask for it and FedEx wouldnt take it away from me.

So ive got a free broken rod on my hands.

Its a John Wilson Avon Quiver (The model with the 2ft extension)

And here is a pic of the snap...

kc7jr.jpg

How much would that cost roughly to get repaired?

I dont know if i should sell it and then putting the money toward a nice new chair, or keeping it for spares.

Ive never looked at getting a rod repaired so i wondered how much it would cost :)

Or would the warranty cover it?

Thanks for any help guys!

After the first ring :)

Ive noticed aswell that the avon part of the rod has also been snapped :(

Glad they replaced the lot then! Proper unlucky.The breaks quite high up then unfortunately.It can be fixed quite cheaply but not being familiar with the rod in question I dont know what it would feel like after.The repair would certainly affect its action that far up. Closser to the butt and it would have been no problem.

A lot of shops these days wouldnt want to take on such a repair as the results will be limited and it wouldnt be something they would want to garantee. Ask around locally and see but I doubt that they will be able to do it for much less than the price of a replacement section.

If you get no luck and really want to repair it then let me know and as long as you cover the P&P and any materials I will do it for you.Once again check out this cost com,pared with a new section.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks BUDGIE,

I think my best bet is just to sell the working bits as spares, or keep them myself as spares tbh :)