SOD THE WEATHER

Janet

Well, we whinge when it's cold, we moan when it's wet and now we're all complaining that it's too warm....are we ever satisfied?

I'm just packing for an overnight session tomorrow....dash home from work, change out of office gear into something more suitable and then I'm off to my club lake until sometime on Saturday...maybe even Sunday if I can grab a few zzzzzz's in the meantime to keep me going!

I really need to change into more suitable clothes before going fishing....the other day I was lucky enough get an early finish and the chance for a few hours on the bank...no time to go home and change or collect tackle, so I was picked up and deposited unceremoniously on the bank, with the reminder that it was my turn to make the brews....why is it always MY turn?

I hadn't had time to go home and collect my own kit, so I used the gear that is left in the cabin ready for use by members....a rather nice Shimano Alivio float rod and dinky little Catana reel. I can't believe that I spent nearly £100 on my Shimano float rod when something as cheap as this can be so good! I wuz robbed!

I got a rather strange look from a member I hadn't met before, as he saw me sat there in my office uniform, high heels, Council ID badge and all, with my handbag tucked under my white plastic picnic chair....I'm sure he thought I was barking mad! I hope he comes back so I can show him that I'm not really a noddy, despite what Paul says about me....

Still, I managed to land a good few fish in the few hours I had...nothing major, but all very welcome. My float hadn't even settled before I was into my first fish....I love it when a plan comes together! Not that there was a plan of course, but in the few short hours I had, I managed to equal the number of fish they'd had all day....

I really must have a word at the next AGM, as we need to get the path round the lake sorted out....my high heels got stuck in the gaps....can't be right, surely?

Janet

back garden hit 36 yesterday ,35 today ,indoors a nice 23 degrees i only moan about the bill increase to keep it there :D

we can only cool one room but that machines bloody noisy.

you can get heated clothes for motorcyclists no doubt cooling ones wont be long

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

my office uniform, high heels,

Photos please.

Oh and I am going fishing tomorrow despite the heat. I've devised a nice little bait dropping system which will gently deposit a few maggots into the river every minute (it's a stick with a plastic bag hanging from it). Periodically I'll pop out from under the shade and trot a float down the same path, how's that for commitment.

Edited by Rusty

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Should be good weather this weekend!

Dropping temperatures and dropping pressure. I can feel an evening at the tributary calling. I think it's time to see if anything in there (except crayfish) likes lobs...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

back garden hit 36 yesterday ,35 today ,indoors a nice 23 degrees i only moan about the bill increase to keep it there :D

we can only cool one room but that machines bloody noisy.

you can get heated clothes for motorcyclists no doubt cooling ones wont be long

You can get ventilated, kevlar reinforced jackets and jeans now! Mind you you need them in the winter sometimes what with the heat of these new lean-burn engines coming from under the fairing!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Photos please.

Oh and I am going fishing tomorrow despite the heat. I've devised a nice little bait dropping system which will gently deposit a few maggots into the river every minute (it's a stick with a plastic bag hanging from it). Periodically I'll pop out from under the shade and trot a float down the same path, how's that for commitment.

We used to do that with roadkills or chickens in onion sacks hang over the river in suitable points. I'm not sure about the legality of such a move but it's not for the faint-hearted and sometimes the plan doesn't work that well. Depending on the conditions, you can end up with a dessicated crust in a bag or a liquefied mess that has to be retrieved and held at arms length for disposal.

I think twine and a Hessian bag would mean you could leave it there for the elements to deal with.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

We used to do that with roadkills or chickens in onion sacks hang over the river in suitable points. .

My uncle did that when he had 60 dead chickens to dispose of. The poultry girl had forgotten to re-open four of his big henhouses (they were closed during the day to encourage the hens to forage)when she clocked off - so the chickens crowded into the only open henhouse and trampled each other to death. We had several days excellent fishing as a result.

Dick Walker and Fred Taylor once begged a rotting dead sheep off a farmer to do the same thing.

Fred suggested cutting the sheep in two so they could both have a maggoty swim.

Dicks reply was typical for those that knew him

"Good idea Fred, here's the hatchet"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'm telling Anderoo to use minnow-mounts, drop-minnows, minnow-traps and now I've got Vagabond telling me HIS UNCLE did the same clatty maggot dripping trick along with Dick Walker and Fred Taylor.

I'M ONLY 35!!

I must have been an angler in an earlier life. Im sure if it.....lol

....Andy The Aged Anstruther Angler....

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...