modern society....

chubsta

I getting on a bit, as i suppose we all do eventually, so i can't relate to what is happening in the Uk these days - it seems like every weirdo who has an opinion is given preference over the millions who prefer to keep their veiws to themselves....

look at fishing - this is something that has been part of human life since the first man ever looked in a river and felt he could get a meal - and all of a sudden, we are under attack because there are a few people who want to impose their own moral veiws upon us.

perhaps these people should look back upon their ancestors and wonder how they would have survived a couple of millenia ago, and they shouldd remember that if their ancestors hadnt trapped and killed animals, for food and for clothing, that they wouldnt be here today......

Quite true.

Its a strange reversal that has now become our enemy. I have always believed in the basic freedoms, including the freedom to disagree. Back in the 60's we found a freedom but today that freedom is abused.

My hobby is to go fishing. But for others their hobby is the freedom to attack the very freedoms that allow me to do just that.

At what point should a freedom be questioned? Why is it acceptable to ride a horse, but not acceptable to sit on that horse and chase dogs that are chasing a fox to its death?

Why should I have the freedom to fish, whilst others have just lost the right to hunt as they wish. I don't pretend to know the answer.

What allows humans the ability to decide what is right and what is wrong? There have to be rights and wrongs in society, else murder would still be acceptable. I suppose concensus of opinion has to be the answer.

When, deep down, we feel that something is wrong then yes, we must retain the right to object.

There is no easy answer!

Everyone has a right to an opinion Chubsta, (even weirdos). My problem is when they can't keep that opinion to themselves and try to force it on others. Thereby trying to make their opinion the accepted.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

That can apply to everyone of us who expresses an opinion Tommo! And there lies the problem!

I have no problem with people having opinions counter to my own. Its makes for good debate. Its when it leads to unnecessary or extreme unpleasentness that I have a problem.

chubsta:

it seems like every weirdo who has an opinion is given preference over the millions who prefer to keep their veiws to themselves....

Think you answered your own question, if you keep your opinion to yourself nobody will know what you want.

Those who make the biggest noise (no matter how insignificant the numbers) in the world of silence simply imply the agreement of the majority.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

tommo666:

Everyone has a right to an opinion Chubsta, (even weirdos). My problem is when they can't keep that opinion to themselves and try to force it on others.

and try to force it on others - that's the part I have problems with as well.

Fine if you want to try to change my views. Not fine if you are adamant that I (or everyone) MUST agree with you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President