homemade ground bait

mugins

hi has anybody got a good ground bait recipe they make them self without buying stuff from the local tackle shop and that works and would like to tell us about it and what size fish they got using it and where

Hi Mate, usually I buy groundbait from the tackle shop, but on friday night i used blended white bread with vanilla essence and red food colouring. Obviosly its not the best, but it works, I had 2 tench and 2 bream all of good size. It is thought that adding spices can help and anything that would boost flavour. Sure there are better out there, but if you're stuck for ingredients -and time- it seems to work well for me. For the record I fished a hair-rigged cube of luncheon meat over the top.

Mitch