Dental Phobia's

Emz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had not been to the dentist for fifteen years through the sheer terror of being 'butchered' as mentioned above. Recently I had to take Mini Onions to the dentist to have an infected tooth removed. She was utterly unperturbed, but what a difference - music playing, continual explanation of what the dentist was doing and what my daughter could expect to feel, kindness and consideration. The whole experience persuaded me to go and I'm really glad I did.

I had to pretend I was going somewhere else to get over the nerves, but it was, honestly, o.k.

I've had a root canal / crown job done, a deep clean under the gums and two fillings replaced. IT DIDN'T HURT AT ALL, despite her slightly sinister S.A. accent! ( memories of 'Running Man'}

Maybe you could find a child companion to take your friend to the dentist, perhaps 'lookng after' somebody younger would give him the courage to go ahead himself.

I really hope he makes it, a healthy mouth feels so good and ingesting infected stuff can't be good for your general health.

Feel the fear and do it anyway.....as long as it doesn't involve jumping out of aeroplanes eh?

Help me unhook these, please.

Guest Ferret1959

I like the dentists. :):):)

Can't wait till next time.

I used to stay well clear of them and spose it was a phobia but since my operation and radiotherapy I HAVE to go now.

Totally differant to the 'old' days, no pain and tell ya what, my dentist is well nice.

little onions:

Maybe you could find a child companion to take your friend to the dentist, perhaps 'lookng after' somebody younger would give him the courage to go ahead himself.

I really hope he makes it, a healthy mouth feels so good and ingesting infected stuff can't be good for your general health.

Feel the fear and do it anyway.....as long as it doesn't involve jumping out of aeroplanes eh?

I'm going to go with him, but I'm not really a child :D

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

I'll admit I used to be scared, but at the age of 16 I got the bottle to go and I haven't got as much as of a fear like I used to have.

No I'll read to him something from the Simpsons, he's such a kid at heart :D

Ferret, I didn't expect to get a response like that but I suppose we all have different fears :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Guest Ferret1959

You wanna see my dentist.

I have no pain what so ever when she treats me and she's just so nice about the job in hand.

Because I can't swallow she has to be carefull using the water jet in the drill as I choke on it.

She knows just how far to go and then lets me sit up for a bit.

One filling for me takes at least an hour. :)

Emz, my wife was completely unconscious under the "sedation" ask the dentist about it..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic