Fireworks

Elton

The local intelligensia last year saw throwing lighted fireworks at passing cars and bikes as their latest contribution to community service in Prescot Road.

I called the police and was told - They'll probably have run out by the time we can get someone there! A local shop keeper - who was selling the fireworks to the self same kids reported what was going on.... The police turned up within 2 minutes - with all sirens blaring and lights flashing. A really intelligent approach to catching them red-handed. You cold hear the sirens from so far away, the kids were probably in bed and asleep by the time the police arrived.

If I carry on like this, DavyR's quite minority may become the screaming, ranting majority.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is possibly no justification for anything but, licensed organised firework displays.

This is the only way to satisfy the safety and public nuisance problems that occur every year.

However, as many of our friends of other religions and cultures, use fireworks to celebrate their myriad of festivals throughout the year, its unlikely that legislation is imminent.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

so its wrasse you've been catching while i was stuck in traffic in Barnstaple then Fear the Hands. :mad: :D

[ 04. October 2005, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: ziggy searchfield ]

Elton:

May I remind all those here over 40 years old that it is now time to begin your four month moan about fireworks   :D  

Im only 35 and I hate the bloody things, and with my dog only 12 months old I dont know what hes going to make of them. If hes anything like my old dog, I got another 13 years of firework hell to come.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

try some of those expanding foam ear plugs from the builders merchants, he wont be able to get them out himself as he hasn't got opposable thumbs, the dog that is, not elton.

Fear - Fair point, yes, but if we banned everything that was dangerous we'd not be able to cut our fishing line with a knife, carry sharp hooks - jesus, they'd probably even take priests off us!

Seriously, I don't see the problem with them. I think restricting us to a week a year is a good idea from a noise pollution perspective, but saying public displays only - no - It's nanny state time inteferring again.

It's a media field day (they fail to report how many millions of displays go without a hitch) - next month they'll show us someone who was badly hurt by a firework, but they'll also fail to mention people were shot and wounded with easily obtainable air rifles and BB guns, how many people are stabbed with combat style blades or how many youngsters die from taking drugs on a Saturday night during the same period.

Fireworks are good news story, and the government like them because it takes the edge off real issues for a month or two.

Ban them, no. Increase the responsibility on retailers, definitely, and increase the penalities for misuse, definitely.

Ian W

wife has just told me we are invited to a friends house with a very lage back garden yes ! i can buy really loud flashy expensive fireworks .sorry elton 42 still love em :D

british by birth ,english by the grace of god