Fireworks

Elton

When I was a kid we didn't have the nanny state telling us what to do, we used to enjoy our fireworks, and anyway, a little plastic surgery never did anyone any harm :confused: :confused:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

instead it was fireworks for guido and his party :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not looking forward to them at all, as they turn the fellow on the left above my name (my dog) into a nervous wreck.

Though I enjoy watching them ... just feel sorry for my dog when they are going off.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Quote from Sportsman: When I was a kid we didn't have the nanny state telling us what to do, we used to enjoy our fireworks.

Just the point I was making Quote from earlier post:If joe public had common sense in buying and firing the damn things i.e. not industrial type bombs and not at two in the morning, there would be no need to legislate. It hasn't always been a problem, but it is now.

Don't know about you but when I was a lad fireworks were not incendiary devices, yes there was a degree of larking about, they weren't going at it 24-7 at every birthday, house warming, excuse for a party going.

If we had set them off in the dead of night our neighbours and probably the local plod would have been calling around to set us straight, just try that one today folks.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Yup ziggy, 10 of the little blighters in total :D Lots of grockles still about as well ...

I went to Barnstaple once, it was shut

'shut' I said

[ 04. October 2005, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

i think you can get a sedative from your vet for the more nervous pets ,my mates dog (long dead) didnt mind fireworks or guns etc but freaked at thunder he reacted far earlier than we could hear it ,one night i was sleeping on his sofa and a thunderstorm started the dammed dog litterally tore the kitchen door in half (one of those cruddy cardboad filled ones) and joined me on the sofa where it made itself very comfortable :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well I hope you're satisfied Elton, I'm off for a quick Horlicks now then bed, catch a few zeds before the fireworks get into swing.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Yup. Absolutely a better world if women ran things.

an-women-mouse.jpg

an-women-cars.jpg

an-women-toilet.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

yeah ban firworks yeah cor wot a menace!

SHUT UP! miserable old kill joys !

i think we should ban maybe burning an efegy of a person on a stake ! at a public display! INFRONT OF LITTLE KIDS?

NAH YA PROBLY RIGHT THERS NOTHING UNHEALTHY ABOUT THAT! ban firworks yeah do it ya freaks!

good pics by the way NEWT! ;-]

Hi all

chesters that was a gooooood pipe bomb,the hard part was screwing the end caps on without getting black powder in the threads(solved with 2 two pence coins placed in first)

tried to use electronic detonator and that failed

so went for the calor gas single cooker to get it toooooooo hot and bang,great fun having the oxygen sucked out of the shed where i was hiding and it placed outside the wall a couple of feet away. :D

ive grown up around all types of guns and bangs and it doenst bother me with fireworks but i does drag on toooo long with bangs going well into the night(2 kids trying to sleep and a cat)

i let my cat out 5mins before hell broke loose around my neighbourhood and it was amazing,probaby the closet to a warzone il get,i found my cat when it started to die down,he came crawling out from under a hedge cover'd in dirt and leaves etc but looked very ok which supprised me(he got his head down and kissed his a*s goodbye) :D

not this year though il be more carefull

i was very proud of him for not bolting as some animals have been known to do(and for miles)

i agree with them being at a pro display only as i was narrowly missed by a rocket kids were aiming at people walking past the mouth of this footpath(trust me it looked like something from the matrix and i could feel the heat as it passed me around 1ft from my face and then landed and blew up againt this house i was passing.

so yep ban them from public sales.sorry all but these kids where no older than 8 and 5

sg

[ 05. October 2005, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]