Looking for a carp puddle in SE Kent

chubsta

My lad has finally dusted off his fishing gear and wants me to take him fishing at the weekend - he really really wants to catch a carp as he has never caught one, nothing major, just the sort of pastie that you get in those over stocked carp puddles around the country.

Although we live 200 yards from the Royal military canal in Hythe, where there are plenty of very big carp, realistically he hasnt got the patience to fish for them there (Ive never caught one there myself so i know how difficult they can be) so i want somewhere very easy to get him back into the sport (he's 13 BTW).

I thought about Radnor Park Pond in Folkestone but we will be going on a Saturday and its usually full of louts so would prefer somewhere else - does anyone have any ideas of anywhere in a 20 mile range of Hythe in kent where he is pretty much guarenteed a 2-3lb carp?

thanks for any advice!

Hi chubsta, you could try Sams lake near Headcorn, 2 lakes , the lower lake is full of carp, chub,perch etc.a very well maintained water which is fun to fish with float tackle but responds to all methods. :thumbs:

Guest John Bell
My lad has finally dusted off his fishing gear and wants me to take him fishing at the weekend - he really really wants to catch a carp as he has never caught one, nothing major, just the sort of pastie that you get in those over stocked carp puddles around the country.

Although we live 200 yards from the Royal military canal in Hythe, where there are plenty of very big carp, realistically he hasnt got the patience to fish for them there (Ive never caught one there myself so i know how difficult they can be) so i want somewhere very easy to get him back into the sport (he's 13 BTW).

I thought about Radnor Park Pond in Folkestone but we will be going on a Saturday and its usually full of louts so would prefer somewhere else - does anyone have any ideas of anywhere in a 20 mile range of Hythe in kent where he is pretty much guarenteed a 2-3lb carp?

thanks for any advice!

Monk Lakes in Maidstone is a good bet and he will proberly catch a barbel as well...here's their website http://www.monklakes.co.uk you might want to check availability as a lot of match's are held there

John

MidKent fisheries Match lake.....................look up their website.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Cottington Lakes in Deal is a good bet - with the chance of a 20 or so.

Elphicks will do nicely and isn't as pressured as Monk Lakes.

A call to Ashford Tackle, a favourite haunt of our own Budgie, on 01233 630914 would certainly put you in the right lakes to suit your needs around the area.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Or what about Chequertree near Bethersden http://www.chequertreefishery.co.uk

Honestly there are loads of decent carp puddles in Kent (if that is not an oxymoron), your local tackle shop will put you on to somewhere suitable.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thanks for all the replies guys - its clear i dont exactly have anything on my doorstep but there are a few very promising fisheries well within driving distance - will check the various websites out over the next few days and hopefully pick some fish up at the weekend!!

Several in Ashford that would fit the bill and thats quite close. A bit busy at the weekends but there is even the small moat on the Park Farm (Ashford one not Folkestone) that is run by Stanhope Angling Club (day ticket available on bank if they bother to come round) that would fit the bill.Its also got some cracking roach (for you) that hardlyever get fished for. More of a pole or rod/float fishing venue than buzzers and boillies.Its very easy!

If you fancied/could do a mid week session I would gladly meet up and show you the ropes.

A more "boillies and buzzers" venue is the Eureka Fishery just off the M20 Ashford junction.I dont fish there myself but have several friends who do who could give you all the details.Day ticket again.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Several in Ashford that would fit the bill and thats quite close. A bit busy at the weekends but there is even the small moat on the Park Farm (Ashford one not Folkestone) that is run by Stanhope Angling Club (day ticket available on bank if they bother to come round) that would fit the bill.Its also got some cracking roach (for you) that hardlyever get fished for. More of a pole or rod/float fishing venue than buzzers and boillies.Its very easy!

If you fancied/could do a mid week session I would gladly meet up and show you the ropes.

A more "boillies and buzzers" venue is the Eureka Fishery just off the M20 Ashford junction.I dont fish there myself but have several friends who do who could give you all the details.Day ticket again.

Budgie, I don't know how the Eureka is nowadays, they had to close a while back as they had an outbreak of SVC. I last fished there about 4 years ago and it was OK for what it is.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine