So who has cracked it

so who has cracked it, who here has the perfect job which allows you to be in doors during bad weather but when it is fine it is a requirement that you have to be out in the countryside/seaside, as I am stuck in the office this fine weather looking out at all that sunshine and I know that one of you out there as the best of both worlds ...

Lewis, I might count for that, I am inside most of the day, but also outside, when the weather gets bad, I stay in, and when it is nice,I am in the outdoors,and my particular area of the country is the North of Scotland. What do I do you might ask.........Drive an HGV. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

well I guess you could put me down for all that you said Lewis, I might add that not only have I cracked it, but broke it several other places too. :D

I'm an invalid you see, or should that read invalid(don't count).

:(

don't wish for it Lewis, you might get your desires, but at a price.

oh the job I have is fighting mind numbing pain, every second of every day.

want it?

no I didn't think so, the pay's cr@pp anyway, still nice day for it, eh! :cool:

Lewis - How do you class me? I am a disabled pensioner. AND I hope I can get my angling half price, as it is the ONLY bl**dy thing that I CAN do as well as some abled bodies can. There is not much else I can do. I'm lucky, I can push my missus' wheelchair as I can use it like a Zimmer frame, otherwise we would be right up the creek.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest NickInTheNorth

I guess that I have cracked it.

My work is what I fancy doing, when I want to do it. I live within spitting distance of the sea, in open countryside (there are only 11 other houses within 6 miles of me in any direction!). :)

In the winter I tend to work indoors, in the summer the vast majority of work is done outdoors, (but not too much of it, there are too many fish need catching!). :D

I am lucky enough to still be in good health, and young enough at 42 to lead a good and active life. Having had a major health scare 3 years ago I value that above most things.

I have been privileged to spend more time with my 2 children in the past 3 years than most fathers ever can.

What's the downside to all of that? That is where I get real lucky, the downside is that I do not have a massive income, but it is sufficient to lead the lifestyle I have chosen in the location that I love.

If there is something you want to do in life, do it. Don't wait around for someone else to make it happen, take any opportunity and make it work for you. Don't forget, life is not a dress rehearsal.

quote:

Double glazing rep or property letting agent!!

That's me Peter - Property Letting Agent!! Well, manager of, which is even better!.

Too hot at the moment to be outside so i'm in my nice air conditioned office. In a minute i may just venture outside for a smoke and cup of coffee :cool: :cool: :cool:

Excellent Post Nick In The North. Dave

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.