I'M JUST A WOMAN.....

Janet

I've had a fabulous day on my club lake today....fishing for a few hours, then a work party from late afternoon until evening....I'll do a write up with photo's (and video!) when I've had some sleep...

I'm pleased to say that I thrashed the opposition 23 - 0, including a PB tench for me. Who says women can't fish? Well, one of our new members obviously does, as he proceeded to instruct me on how I ought to fish, although he hasn't fished here yet and doesn't know just how contrary our fish can be....mucking fuppet! As our sole female member, I'm used to being looked on as a bit of an oddity, but never quite so condescendingly...I have never been so close to chucking someone in the water....and I would have done if he hadn't been considerably larger than me!

Never mind that I've spent the past two years learning about this lake, mapping the contours, finding the fish.....oh no, according to him I just had a lucky day! I will t**t that b****rd before the end of the season!

Oh well, I know my place, which apparently is somewhere called the kitchen...can anyone give me directions?

Janet

Oh well, I know my place, which apparently is somewhere called the kitchen...can anyone give me directions?

Janet

It's where you left your rubber gloves and apron. ;)

I can't stand people like that...just smile and nod politely <_< ... then embarass him where it counts most :lol::lol::lol:

...guarenteed you will still be 'lucky' in his eyes...

Congrats on the nice haul btw and pb tench.. I caught my first tench at the weekend :rolleyes: lovely fish

It's amazing that most men still seem so surprised when women turn out to be so good at fishing.

Recently on a trip to Thailand I went fishing with my girlfriend who managed to catch a 70lb + Carp fishing with maize. Obviously most of the men fishing at the same lake proberbly thought this was just luck.

But she followed this up with a further 4 more Carp including a 40lb & 2 30lb and a very good 20lb. All these were caught on her alternative baits that raised a few smiles. Banana and Apples and with mashed banana added to the groundbait.

I managed 1 Carp on the day a low 20lb, but at least I used "proper baits" Boilies and maize and did not cheat and use fruit :D

There is plenty us chaps can learn from women about fishing!

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Of course one remembers Georgina Ballintine and her record Salmon that is still the record at 64 pounds. Even then there was a spurious assertion that the female pheromones given off by female anglers caused them to catch the bigger male salmon. :huh:

It’s a shame as I think it is the patronising attitude of some male anglers that puts lots of women off fishing.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

A couple of years ago me and my good lady Eileen went to one of our club ponds, 2 other chaps on the other side with more tackle than the local tackle shop. They had been there 3 hours and had nothing, Eileen set herself up and started catching small silvers. After an hour or so she changed over and went for the carp. 20 mins later 8lb er banked. One of the mens phone went off and as part of the conversation which the whole pond could hear was "No, nothing, just a f**kin lucky woman catching" 15 mins later they packed up mumbling something about "cr*p pond anyway". Never have seen them since.

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Ooops! I was on a bit of a rant last night wasn't I? Blame it on tiredness... :P

I'm glad that the same attitude doesn't prevail on here, where I've always found everyone to be excellent (well, all apart from the member who PM'd me to tell me that my new Shimano float rod was, and I quote, "wasted on a woman...") :o

I must admit that I have had some excellent days recently, but then I do work quite hard at being "lucky", as many of you will know. I'm always pestering you with questions to improve my angling. :)

I'm sure some of the other anglers must be a bit disgrunted at being whooped by a woman, but if they are, they never show it. Well, all apart from Paul, who's threatened to confiscate my new rod! They are usually total gentleman (apart from the teasing) and every time I go up to the lake I learn something new from them.

I just hope that if we're fishing on the same day, then I can manage to thrash him! I would so love to see the look on his face....

Janet

I'm pleased to say that I thrashed the opposition 23 - 0, including a PB tench for me. Who says women can't fish? Janet

Well personally I think you had a lot of luck. And let's face it women have more luck than men. :o:o

And be nice to us. After all they have recently discovered that men are likely to become redundant (new ways of producing sperm etc). I read one article said that our only remaining justification for existence was getting spiders out of the bath. There's a lot of truth in that, but I would want to add FISHING.

So be careful! B)B)

john clarke

Well inline with this topic i heard those beautiful words from the wife this morning "wanna go fishing" boy i didnt need a second invite so loaded the stuff into the car and off to the local cannal we trotted via the bait shop for some maggots. 4 hours later a little damp from the 3 showers and 8 - 1 down we called it quits and just in time to get the kids from school If anyone says women cant fish think again i dont know if it was down to luck or skill but i got my butt kicked today and its probabley not the last time.