Constantly catch

Paul

Hi

I went fishing yesterday on a small pond about the size of a football pitch round in size, I got there about 05:45 and was catching small bream until about 11:30 when everything just died, I think when the tempature got hot. Want I am wondering is how to keep the fish coming during the hot periods.

Also, what groundbait is recommended for bream they are smail under 3lb

Thanks

Stan

Edited by Paul
IPB Image

Hi

I went fishing yesterday on a small pond about the size of a football pitch round in size, I got there about 05:45 and was catching small bream until about 11:30 when everything just died, I think when the tempature got hot. Want I am wondering is how to keep the fish coming during the hot periods.

Thats been happening to me too, the last few sessions. It maybe the swims been spooked. Or in maybe there wasn't enough groundbait to hold them, or you may have encouraged them up in the water with your feeding tactics and your hook baits on the bottom

Also, what groundbait is recommended for bream they are smail under 31lb

I've used Ground Halibut mixed with Swimstim green plus casters and chopped worm as it was recommended in IYCF and had mixed success.

They're also supposed to like Brasem which is vanilla like but I haven't tried that yet.

Tony

Hi

Thanks

Stan

Fish don't feed constantly for 24 hours each day.

There are times when they just rest up, especially on hot sunny days.

If you've been regularly catching them for nearly 6 hours, I don't think you've done bad!

I know a lot of matchmen who wish that they could get a shoal feeding for the full duration of a match.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hi

Thanks

Stan

my local lake is exactly the same at the minute bream and the odd crucian and tench till about mid day and then its seems to go slack

i have been fishing 4 or 5 rod lengths out on the waggler over groundbait with red maggot and bread and when the bites die off further out, i have been throwing in a few chopped worms near the reeds closer in and getting a few more hits from smaller fish,

when i set up i sort of break my swim into sections and think how i would fish each section for the best results, you can feed 2 or 3 areas and when one dies off switch to another, but make sure you dont over feed or scatter bait everywhere and kill the swim

As Gozzer says, fish don't feed all the time. However, some species will feed at different times on the same water, so maybe the tench will feed from dawn to noon, then the carp will feed in the afternoon, etc.

If I go through a spell when nothing's feeding, I bring everything in, top the bait up a little if I think it needs it, and leave it for a couple of hours. It doesn't hurt to have the lines out of the swim for a bit, and often when you start again it's picked up.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music