a new record!

zedhead

has anyone seen the fantastic news that a new record eel has been reported? i never thought that record would be beat.

can anyone imagine a 13lb eel, what a fantastic fish, unfortionatley the club that control the water have a no publicity policy which means i will never see the magnitude of such a creature.

Also it was caught by a carp man accidentaly, what a shame that it wasnt caught by an eel enthusiast instead.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not heard about this - that would be a monster!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My friends at work told me that the AM had an editorial accusing the club committee of living in the dark ages over their no publicity policy.

I read the editorial before posting this - it's just so much sour grapes from the AM - along the lines of 'we can't have a decent story for our readers so we'll cobble together some old stories and diss the club's committee.

It isn't the committee who are to blame at all - they represent the best interests of the members who elect the committee.

Amazing capture no doubt, and all credit to the man than caught it, intentionally or otherwise. What the AM fails to acknowledge is that through it's no publicity policy it will hopefully prevent yet another circus of record hunters descending on the place. Although the AM's piece tried as hard as it could to tell people where it is.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I can assure you that sour grapes is very far off of the mark!

We pulled out all the stops to make concessions with the controlling club in attempt to give the angling public the full story.

Would you rather an truly amazing bit of angling history be kept under wraps for the selected few?

ben_weir:

I can assure you that sour grapes is very far off of the mark!

We pulled out all the stops to make concessions with the controlling club in attempt to give the angling public the full story.

Would you rather an truly amazing bit of angling history be kept under wraps for the selected few?

Ben it is nice to have someone from AM posting on here openly, hope you keep posting here.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/