a new record!

zedhead

I'd suggest if it's captor has let hsi catch become known outside the club, then it's a disciplinary matter within the club and none of the public's business.

I haven't read anything here to suggest why the AM feel they should be permitted to run the full story. I have a grudging admiration for their tenacity, but no faith that they'd do the story justice.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not sure how Charlie Bettell comes into the reckoning, thank God you werent comparing his ability and business acumen with yours. I see that you're selling off fishing gear to raise a few quid. Guiding service not doing well ? Door minding not so popular? Take that as read. Still there's always your book to look forward to...when you find a ghost writer that is. But I dont suppose Steve Harper has anything to worry about. "

well gerry, i knew you wouldnt resist coming to charlies rescue, even though i didnt mention him by name!

firstly mate just to put right a few inaccuracies of your own. firstly i havent been a door minder for at least three years, is the old memory failing in your advancing years, i am by trade so to speak a travellers officer for my local council.

as for selling off the fishing gear, well thing is gerry i am trying to buy a house and you know they are very expensive to buy down here cos all you londoners keep leaving that sh1te hole for some proper living!

thirdly as for who would pay me, well just keep an eye on the ol goggle box gerry, Discovery real time, filming with them in a couple of weeks. (ooooh thats gotta hurt gerry!!!!)

as for the book, yep its been a lot slower and more time consuming than i anticipated and i am still waiting for some final contributions to come in, but ghost writer? nah mate not me i can use the queens english quite happily enough thank you! i will endeavour of course to get it done for you though as fast as possible as you are clearly looking forward to it so much!!

but back to the original post. if the club concerned was so anti publicity then no details at all should have been released, you cant have it both ways. if you release the details, then release the pictures, with or without background if thats the problem, think the mail are spot on.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

matt ,

still fairly warm down here in the day though cool now at night. not had a lot of rain. had a couple of hours this morning, but none for rest of the day, actually looking very good at the mo. out tommorow night so hopefully they will be well on the munch.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

mark barrett:

"Not sure how Charlie Bettell comes into the reckoning, thank God you werent comparing his ability and business acumen with yours. I see that you're selling off fishing gear to raise a few quid. Guiding service not doing well ? Door minding not so popular? Take that as read. Still there's always your book to look forward to...when you find a ghost writer that is. But I dont suppose Steve Harper has anything to worry about. "

well gerry, i knew you wouldnt resist coming to charlies rescue, even though i didnt mention him by name!

firstly mate just to put right a few inaccuracies of your own. firstly i havent been a door minder for at least three years, is the old memory failing in your advancing years, i am by trade so to speak a travellers officer for my local council.

as for selling off the fishing gear, well thing is gerry i am trying to buy a house and you know they are very expensive to buy down here cos all you londoners keep leaving that sh1te hole for some proper living!

thirdly as for who would pay me, well just keep an eye on the ol goggle box gerry, Discovery real time, filming with them in a couple of weeks. (ooooh thats gotta hurt gerry!!!!)

as for the book, yep its been a lot slower and more time consuming than i anticipated and i am still waiting for some final contributions to come in, but ghost writer? nah mate not me i can use the queens english quite happily enough thank you! i will endeavour of course to get it done for you though as fast as possible as you are clearly looking forward to it so much!!

but back to the original post. if the club concerned was so anti publicity then no details at all should have been released, you cant have it both ways. if you release the details, then release the pictures, with or without background if thats the problem, think the mail are spot on.

"nah mate not me i can use the queens english quite happily enough thank you!"

Based upon the standard of English in this post I'd have to argue that you can't!! The quotation above has 6 errors at a minimum, and arguably 3 others. Perhaps you do need a ghost writer.

seem's a lot of fuss over nothing i personaly think they are the most horrible & disgusting thing to swim or come out of the water. yes i do know how far they travel sargasor sea & all that but hey ID'E LOVE TO SEE A PHOTO he he. but i for one dont want to know where it was caught eeeuuuuukkkkkk

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

The thing is probably a long finned eel imported from New Zealand for food, bought at Billingsgate and illegally introduced to the lake to stir up a media frenzy over the no-publisity clause and get a few select souls to pay thousands for the privilige of tryingto catch it.

Now. That's sour grapes :P

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A thirteen pound Eel is a monster that will fire the imagination of all anglers. An unknown fish without a pet name, excellent! Congrats to the captor & also congrats to the club in question for having sensible rules to protect their fishery.

Ben, with all respect i don't think anyone is naive enough to believe that the purpose of AM is to "enlighten people". It's a trade mag, it's purpose is to serve the tackle trade first & foremost. You know it & we know it. It has also been dumbed down beyond belief in recent years. That said, must be a nice job for you so all the best.

PS we know you're only looking on here for a story.

In terms of clubs applying double standards,it now seems that the club said nothing at all. The story likely came from an individual member.

[ 27. September 2005, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

mark barrett:

nah i wrote well  enurf knot to kneed one fanks!

Note to self - I can't see it selling like the DaVinci Code.