Impresionist . . . a bit of fun?

Sutton Warrior

I was at a new venue the other day, water lilies, moorhens, reflections, trees, a mature small gravel pit.

Took a few pics, posted a couple in the comp. As I looked at one, the name Monet came to mind and his Water Lilly painting. Googled and it turns out he did a lot of Water Lilly paintings, they are very relaxing to my eye. No artist me, but I thought I'd have a fiddle in 'Elements v.7' see what I could come up with . . .

MonetWaterLillyrwcompDSC_1307_edite.jpg

Its no Monet, but I find the concept interesting for future investigation? As one wanders about looking for photos that could be tickled a little to remind one of various artist of the impressionist persuasion (I think they are called 'impresionists')? . . . its a bit of fun ain't it . . . and relax :icecream:

SW

Why not go one stage further and make cards from them, send to relatives etc or make calendars or all manner of things.Once they know its from one of your photos..it has much more meaning than a bought card.

I have not bought a card for years now.

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Why not go one stage further and make cards from them, send to relatives etc or make calendars or all manner of things.Once they know its from one of your photos..it has much more meaning than a bought card.

I have not bought a card for years now.

Steve...:)

Thanks Steve, a good idea. Puts a new dimention into the subject search?

SW

I recently used a free offer from Tru-Print to print a large collage of some slightly unusual shots that I'd taken of a friends garden whilst I was house sitting - close ups of flowers, pictures of her garden from a different angle etc. She's over the moon with it, as was I when I saw the finished item!

I think it was about 15"x10"? It was easy to do, and I have to admit that I was amazed that my snaps looked so professional when I received the finished item.

Simple to do, and only cost me postage....

Janet

After seeing SW's Monet inspired shot, I had a footle with my settings (as you do.....)

I tried a few in B&W, then accidentally set it to shoot in negative...

SS855071.jpg

SS855074.jpg

The first one is actually my local river, which is currently running very high and the colour of chocolate...the second is a picture of a building which I took accidentally whilst I was putting the camera away.

This is fun!

Janet

Edited by Janet

Sitting here listening to the Ashes Test at Lords, aren't they doing well . . .

Discovered I could listen on the computer, whilst I fiddle on any other program . . . Dug around in my folders, found this original:

'8am and 4 degrees . . . ' taken February 2007, Canon S50 compact

8amand4degrees.jpg

This is my 'tickle up' of that original, no inspiration of an old artist, like the way the early sun and frost comes through . . . ?

Fencefrost8amand4degrees.jpg

Sitting here, wondering as the weather improves, do I get an evening in on the local gravel pit . . . ??? some new stock been put in this week. Tough life ain't it . . . :P

SW