who's on aol

Been getting adverts on me task bar that i certainly did not ask for, spoke to my safty software supplier, norton and they confirmed that there is a gap with regards to popups as certain browsers etc they (don't support). Their words for not intigrating. So i spent time with my isp aol and was told that the issue is either my computer or norton. Bl@@dy liers. The adverts have come directly from aol as you need to opt out as opposed to them gaining your permission to allow them. My next issue is that it is very difficult to email aol direct, the only real contact i have with them is over the phone. That means that you are speaking to them from somewhere in the far east or whatever.

After being with aol for a long long time, i think it's time for a change.

something of interest.

http://www.silentway.com/tips/mac/stopads.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I'm finding the going slow with the AOL browser, and getting too many page faults whilst waiting for pages to load, so although still having AOL as my connection to the internet, I've downloaded the Firefox web browser, which is much more secure, faster, and friendlier, (and tabs make life easier when browsing multiple sites).

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

(It's also faster the IE)

I just use AOL for connection and email now (and with Windows Live I really don't need to go into AOL for email!)

Might get around to ditching AOL altogether soon.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Thanks for the link Leon, i knew you was with aol, i have managed to send them a really comprehensive email detailing the way that they treat their customers and ask for an explanation and also to remove these adverts immeadiatly. Although i have managed to block them, aol still pump them out for a while, just because they can.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Blimey Two people admitted to being on AOL. What are the odds on that? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Blimey Two people admitted to being on AOL. What are the odds on that? :D

Dunno for how much longer though. Sent two emails to them, one they actually stated that they would get back to me within 24 hours. Still waiting after three days.

Been with aol since we used to send messages by hand down the phone line. :D Gonna do a new post asking advise on who is the dogs buster brown of internet providers next so i can join the club. :D

Well it ain't AOHell and that's a fact.

The version you have over here is much better than the one in the States (which has pretty well killed itself with this sort of nonsense) but it still isn't good.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The version you have over here is much better than the one in the States (which has pretty well killed itself with this sort of nonsense) but it still isn't good.

AOL in the UK was sold off (I believe to the car phone warehouse).

Most products go through a series of sales and support.

1. Star Product

2. Cash Cow

3. Legacy Product

Star Product is when a new product has been devloped with all the leading edge bells and whistles and is being heavily marketed (remember when you couldn't pick up the mail, or open a magazine without an AOL disc dropping on the floor).

Cash Cow - little investment needed but the product is maintained, brings in the revenue regularly, fairly well supported.

Legacy Product - there's still a user base out there, but few new sales, cost of maintanance is increasingly high compared to declining revenue, so further development (apart from that aimed at squeezing a little more out (advertising, selling telephone services, and other non-core sales to existing customer base) and maintance is cut back, as well as user support.

I believe that AOL UK has probably arrived at/passed the Legacy Product boundary :(

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

aohell are very good in a sence. i have a computer guy who has tried to stop their adverts that they get paid for, not much luck at present. Thats after hellco have told me that it isn't coming from them, liers.

I don't have any other issue with aol honest apart from these bl@@dy adverts, however if i can't block them they can go and take a hike.

aohell are very good in a sence. i have a computer guy who has tried to stop their adverts that they get paid for, not much luck at present. Thats after hellco have told me that it isn't coming from them, liers.

I don't have any other issue with aol honest apart from these bl@@dy adverts, however if i can't block them they can go and take a hike.

I too have an aol account but it's purely running just to keep my email address, cos it's such an easy one for people to use. I never use their system and browser, and just use firefox and sign in via the aol web page.

Rob.

I can only say that here in France AOHELL is now NEUF telecom and things went from BAD to WORSE in a very short space of time!! Still some die hardliners who swear by AOL/Neuf and more who simply swear at them!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))