Is it? or Isn't it?

Miggy

Tomorrow I plan to fish a lake close to me for the first time. I am planning to use the pole with a selection of hookbaits.

However, the rules state that you are not allowed to use groundbait...

I was planning to liquidise some hemp, and use it in conjunction with half a pint of pellets, some whole hemp and sweetcorn to create 'slop' type mixture. I was wondering whether if I cupped this in with the pole cup, whether or not it would be classed as a 'groundbait' so to speak.

Cheers

Mitch

Edited by Miggy

Tomorrow I plan to fish a lake close to me for the first time. I am planning to use the pole with a selection of hookbaits.

However, the rules state that you are not allowed to use groundbait...

I was planning to liquidise some hemp, and use it in conjunction with half a pint of pellets, some whole hemp and sweetcorn to create 'slop' type mixture. I was wondering whether if I cupped this in with the pole cup, whether or not it would be classed as a 'groundbait' so to speak.

Cheers

Mitch

Probably open to interpretation but I use the 'if it fits on the hook it's hookbait and if it won't it's groundbait ' theory.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Ok thanks Worms. I think I will fish with it and argue that it is purely a mix of loose feed and if I am told that I am not able to fish it, then I will try something else

I wouldn't call it groundbait. Certainly if you grind up pellets and add it to a groundmix then it could be an ingredient certainly but on it's own then no, I don't think so. You could loosefeed particles, casters, chopped worms, 'broken' pellets (thats liquidised to you and me...hehe) and I'd certainly use liquidised corn, crushed boilies, liquidised prawn. You could also dye/flavour your ingredients. Some VDE Predator Plus or one of the Dynamite bottles of Scopex, GLM, Strawberry or whatever. You could also flavour up your baits too, so when you are loosefeeding you're still getting that groundbait sweetness into the water. What about soils from the bank? They can't be groundbaits can they? There's nothing in soil that's not already going to be there but add a few of your ingredients and then you have something that isn't strictly groundbait.

There must be plenty of ways to get fish in the area without actually using any bread-based ingredients.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Depends on where your are. Strictly speaking "No Groundbait" means no bait in the swim other than the bait on your hook but what they usually mean is no bread based crumb groundbaits.

On super clear water at this time of year, the best groundbait need not have any food value at all.

We used to arrive before dawn on waters like this and pile in groundbait that was only used as a carrier for fine clay that would colour up the water. We did OK too.

You could do the same trick with a pole pot, using it to ladle liquuid clay plus flavours and a few freebies into the swim.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.