Quality U/L lures for sale.

Peter Waller

Pop over to the For Sale Forum. A good friend of mine has some brillient U/L plugs for sale. They are 'Stem' lures, little Rapalla style minnows. I reckon their quality matches Rapalla too. I suggested that he post them on AN because they are a real deal, terrific value! I've bought six and am really impressed. I have no commercial interest in this. Just thought I'd share it with you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that endorsement Peter they've got to be worth a shot. 10 ordered.

Paul

are they "count down"

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hey guys, just got a hand full of these lures as i am interested in using lures in general!

Basically i know a lodge near me with a few big pike in and wouldnt mind trying to take a few with them.....how would i go about it.....which rod ? ...how do you set the lure up...? how do you set the rig up...just that on the end of the mainline? ...also the add sais be creative and paint a few...how would u paint them?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

Hey, slow down!! Too many questions at one!!

First, these plugs will catch pike but they are really for trout, perch, chub and zander. They will also catch bream at the right time of year, and probably carp too!! But they aren't really suited to pike, or a sensible choice for them come to that.

You will need a fixed spool reel, avon type rod, but better still a light spinning rod, 7 or 8 feet long, capable of casting 3 to 10gm lures. During the summer you'll find it great fun!

I'd use a 10lb braid and, depending if there are pike in the water, a ten pound trace. I'd flick the lure out, searching around boat moorings, near reed beds or bankside trees. Most coarse fish eat fry so you can never be sure what will turn up.

As for painting, if you want to, nip down to your local model shop. Humbrol paints are great!

[ 12. March 2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter,

Would they be appropriate for perch fishing? Our mutual friend Trevor furnished me with a couple of UL lure rods last year and I've been meaning to put in an order with BASS Pro ever since. Also got one of those lightening fast little Eon multiplier reels but I've yet to find lures that suit it.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

slodger:

Also got one of those lightening fast little Eon multiplier reels but I've yet to find lures that suit it.

What line are you spooled with and what rod?
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Don't know if I dare admit to it on here Newt, are the piking police active on this site? :-)

I've loaded it with 10lb braid. (Shock horror!) I'm hoping to combine it with one of the UL rods, although they're actually FS models. ( I'm something of a philistine when it comes to lure fishing.) I've just checked and the rods are a Gatorback medium rated 1/8-5/8ths oz and a Berkley 'Performer' 1/8 -3/8ths oz. I've tried using the rods/reel with some tiny rubber shads, but I find myself having to overcast with lures this light. I'd kind of assumed the Eon would throw tiny weights, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'