Is this still one of the World's Top Ten Monos?

Gotta love those superlines, DG. No stretch means better hook-ups, and thinner diameter lines without sacrificing strength. I'll keep my eye out for your preferred brands for future purchases, since I replace my lines every season. I'm always open to new techniques and products.

I don't know if you troll, but if so, have you ever used leadcore line?

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using 2 colors (60 ft.) of leadcore with leader this spring with good results. It drops about 8-10 ft., depending on boat speed, and rises & falls nicely in turns which triggers strikes. It's an excellent alternative to full core for shallow fishing, since a full core will drop 40-50 feet. Deadly when fished with planer boards.

~ Mark Twain

quote:

Originally posted by severus:

Gotta love those superlines, DG. No stretch means better hook-ups, and thinner diameter lines without sacrificing strength. I'll keep my eye out for your preferred brands for future purchases, since I replace my lines every season. I'm always open to new techniques and products.

Ken

Yup, superlines are excellent .. just so long as you remember to ignore any claims that they have abrasion-resistance even one-tenth of that of your Ande Mono

_________ Posted Image

I use and recommend TUF-Line from Western Filament because (a) the lines are excellent and (B) Western Filament is one of the very few companies in the world who actually braid lines themselves {ask yourself where Innovative Textiles get their Power Pro } and © I've visited the factory which is top-notch and the people are great and (d) the price is right

_________________-- Posted Image

quote:

Ken

Nope, I don't troll often enough or deep enough to warrant lead-core, but Budgie obviously does

DG

[ 25. May 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Great info, DG; I'm going to have to try their product.

What were you doing in Grand Junction, Colorado?

~ Mark Twain

I see that Kryston have brought out a new line, Kryston-ite, a "super copolymer monofilament with fluorocarbon coating".

[ 26. May 2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: *Anthony* ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

quote:

Ken

Ken

At the risk of over-plugging WF, I meant to say that they also do a lead-core trolling line

_________ Posted Image

Check out their other lines HERE

D :cool: G

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony:

I see that Kryston have brought out a new line, Kryston-ite, a "super copolymer monofilament with fluorocarbon coating".

Yup ..... what does it cost?

DG

[ 26. May 2004, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]