Is this still one of the World's Top Ten Monos?

Kussumo diving vane

Are you sure of the spelling?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Newt:

Kussumo diving vane

Are you sure of the spelling?

C'mon, Newt, Budgie knows that his spelling is carp .. no need to rub salt into the wound :D ... Oh that his spelling was as good as his fishing!

We're, of course, talking about Kuusamo here

_____________________ Posted Image

DG

[ 28. May 2004, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Budgie, did you not check-out Newt's post above about Fish Seekers? This is what it says about them:

Fish Seeker

Dives 5' to 80' with zero hassle. Planes out when it reaches its set depth for very little pull on the rod, eliminating the need for downriggers and lead core line. Rises to the surface when a fish strikes.

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

sorry can't post a picture of the Kussumo diving vane (can anyone put one up?) but it works on a similar principle to a Dipsy i.e. works at an angle to dive then releases to a flat in line profile on the strike to reduce drag when playing the fish. They are much smaller than the Dipsy and made of lead.

Anything like this?

Posted Image

or this

__________ Posted Image

This is the closest Kuusamo product I can find:-

__________________ Posted Image

DG

[ 28. May 2004, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

Guys 'n' Gals

Any chance we can get back to the original Topic of this thread, the world's top monos , please ?

e.g. some top qualities might be:-

# Value-for-money

# Tenacity

# Suppleness & castability

# True abrasion resistance

# Stretch, or lack of

Cheers

DG

[ 28. May 2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

OK. I'm using Fox Barbuster 10lb at the moment and am impressed with the diameter to breaking strain ratio. The thing I like the most is the suppleness and the way it spools up, it also feels the smoothest line I have used.

My previous favourite was good old Daiwa Sensor which seems to last longer in normal use, but the slightly better caracteristics of Barbuster just swing it for me.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony:

OK. I'm using Fox Barbuster 10 lb at the moment and am impressed with the diameter to breaking strain ratio. The thing I like the most is the suppleness and the way it spools up, it also feels the smoothest line I have used.

My previous favourite was good old Daiwa Sensor which seems to last longer in normal use, but the slightly better caracteristics of Barbuster just swing it for me.

__________ Posted Image

Thanks for that info. Interesting. BTW, its BS-to-diameter ratio is its tenacity

I'm also a fan of Daiwa Sensor ... apart from its lack of supplenes, it's got good properties and is great value-for-money. Maybe it has got left-behind a tad by more modern monos though?

DG

[ 28. May 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

As far as monos go, I've always used Daiwa Sensor and Daiwa Tournament line. I've never found a good enough reason to change or pay for anything else.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Here's the new stuff. Woohoo!!.... :D

If this is anywhere near as reliable as the regular gear, I can see Sensor dominating the mono market.

Posted Image

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

quote:

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

Here's the new stuff. Woohoo!!.... :D

If this is anywhere near as reliable as the regular gear, I can see Sensor dominating the mono market...

It'll be interesting to see if it qualifies for the BS-Free Quality Mark :D

__________________________ Posted Image

DG