Is this still one of the World's Top Ten Monos?

I think the Daiwa Tournament line is fantastic stuff, I use it for my shore fishing in 15lb. Now if only Daiwa made the stuff in some colour other than solid yellow.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony:

I think the Daiwa Tournament line is fantastic stuff, I use it for my shore fishing in 15lb. Now if only Daiwa made the stuff in some colour other than solid yellow.

... and for all Beano readers like me, here's a pic of it

____________ Posted Image

DG

Yep, it's brilliant line. I also used it for Beach fishing and it never really broke at any time, unless I was really locked up tight. I started using it for Pike once I got into that and the Pike didn't care a jot. It's as close to braid as you can get I reckon. It doesn't stretch much, even at distance and you can drag it kicking and screaming through some right nasty terrain.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

quote:

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

Yep, it's brilliant line. I also used it for Beach fishing and it never really broke at any time, unless I was really locked up tight. I started using it for Pike once I got into that and the Pike didn't care a jot.

Aah ... how can you possibly tell :confused: ... how can you even do a back-to-back comparison between various coloured monos :confused: ... or compared with a nice, high-tenacity, olive-green Spectra or Dyneema braid :rolleyes:

DG

I fished 1 rod beside my other 2 bait rods and my mates 3 bait rods and the line didn't make any difference to the catch rate.

I've wobbled with it, lures fished with it, livebaited with it, float legered it and I still caught fish.

What do you want before you are satisfied DG. A flipping tank test?

[ 30. May 2004, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

In fact..don't even answer that. I'm not in the slightest bit interested. I know it works fine and that's it.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...