Seasalter to faversham

sam2323

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

I was thinking of having a paddle from Seasalter up towards Faversham, i was wondering if anyone has any idea what fish may be around there? any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks, Sam

Hello Sam, I paddle there sometimes, from Sealter to the creek and back.

Fished the Swale man and boy.

It's alive with small Bass, they jump out in front of the kayak all the time, but very small. The Swale does hold bigger ones though, so trolling a lure might be productive. It's something Iv'e been meaning to do for ages there.

Ive caught Gars too, the two go together.

Not much on the bottom, flounders have vanished, but a big ledgered Bass bait might work, 6 mussels on a 5/0 kamasan.

Float might work too.

So to summarise, mostly school Bass, with a reasonable chance of a 5 pounder, the most common size from the shore in the Swale in my experience.

Mine all took supermarket mussels.

I might very well have a go on Tuesday, high tide around 16.20, launch at the yacht club at 13.00 or so. Should give me about 5 hours fishing. Can you make it?

Mike.

Edited by maidstonemike