pellets

gray

just come back to fishing after 15yrs. Need some help on pellets,

what is the best type of pellet to go straight on the hook.

err a soft one! Seriously I have found many supposedly hookable pellets too soft. S pellets form Sonu baits however are excellent. Of course you can always hir-rig or bait band hard pellet.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

As well as the S pellets that Chris told you about; Sonubaits also sell another soft pellet called 'Soft Hooker Pellets' which are soft and oily and they stay on the hook very well even when just lightly nicked, and the fish seem to like them.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I bought some Dynamite Bait Amino Acid pellets that were supposed to be hookable and they broke apart as soon as I hooked them. A mate recommended some pond pellets that he uses from the pet shop. I was a little sceptical at first, but he told me he had some success with them when match fishing as a kid. I used them and they were great...the fish went mad for them...So you may want to give them a whirl...plus, they were cheap aswell ;)

Mitch

Edited by Miggy

I use Dynamite 4-6mm soft hook pellets on the hook on the top or under a float. Loaded carp wagglers or splash wagglers will work well.

I sometimes hair-rig 6 or 7 of them, so they look like a big, long pellet flavoured worm. I use this with a semi-fixed bolt-rigged open feeder. Fix the feeder with a Grippa stop or a float stop (both Drennan I think) so the feeder can come off should you lose you rig. A size 10-12 barbless hook will also make your rig safer and being a bolt-rig, you won't lose many fish. Pineapple and Strawberry both work well. Just use cheap 2-4mm fishmeal pellets for loosefeed/cattying/filling your feeder.

When filling the feeder, plug one end with some groundbait, fill the feeder with pellets and then cap the other end of the feeder with more groundbait.

Make up 2 rods with both rigs just in case the carp are on the top or bottom. There's nothing more annoying than setting up your rod to find out the carp are on the bottom when you have just put a waggler setup together.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I bought some Dynamite Bait Amino Acid pellets that were supposed to be hookable and they broke apart as soon as I hooked them. A mate recommended some pond pellets that he uses from the pet shop. I was a little sceptical at first, but he told me he had some success with them when match fishing as a kid. I used them and they were great...the fish went mad for them...So you may want to give them a whirl...plus, they were cheap aswell ;)

Mitch

I used some jelly pellets today, which i got from local tackle shop and they told me they were for the hook. stayed on the hook if you dident cast with force, wouldnt use them again unless margin fishing. The pond pellets sound like a dam good idea, will try them on friday :) thanks for that.

Ok mate, I must admit I used them on the pole and they were perfect, if you're casting with them I wouldnt let them get too soft before you take them out of the water. Good Luck.

Mitch

The Dynamite Soft Hook pellets I mentioned above are easily castable with a waggler, splash waggler, feeder. They also keep in the fridge for weeks. If they dry up a little, add a few drops of water to the container, give it a shake and put the tub back in the fridge and the pellets will absorb the moisture making them soft again.

I can whack them a long way with a feeder/loaded waggler no problem. The 6mm pellets will take a size 12-10 hook no problem without splitting or falling apart.

;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

buy a pellet pump and pump your own expanders. works out a lot cheaper in the long run

Thanks for that Bluezulu.

wernt quite sure what to do at first with the pump. read up on it on the internet, it said to use geletine for jelly pellets is that right

gray