New bivvy

Anderoo

No its "one man" I asked as the twoman Cypry Dome (we had several for guests in the early pre caravan days of European Cat Fish Trips) certainly has more room than the STi but Im not sure about the one man.I was just looking for a comparisson to describe the room avaiable.

Its certainly got more room than my Nash Oval bivvy and more than any other standard brolly/overwrap bivvy Ive used/seen.

Its things like this that I really miss the closed season for! In its day we could have had a day where we all got together and played with each others bivvies but no closed season and we are all to busy fishing! Try before you buy is the best for anything.

I know what you mean!

Are you going to the Sept SG meeting? If so I'll pick a sheltered swim and have a look then.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes dog sitter and health permitting.No doubt bruv will be near me so you can see with and without extra skin (hes a woss so bound to have it on!) In fact you can put mine up for me....er just so you can see how easy it is!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I think it's time I got a new bivvy

Pah! REAL men use brollies! :P:rolleyes::P

Seriously though I'd just fix your old bivvy, get at it with some seam sealant and maybe re seal the fabric, it'll be much cheaper!

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

Seriously though I'd just fix your old bivvy, get at it with some seam sealant and maybe re seal the fabric, it'll be much cheaper!

Rich

Ah, but do real men also have pink hot water bottles and proper pillows?

It's gone beyond sealant now I think, the seams have come apart completely in places. It's done extremely well for its age, and I'm secretly wondering whether to just buy another...

If the weather is OK it'll be fine for a while yet, but another round of thunderstorms will finish it off!

And anyway, if I have a proper moden bivvy/brolly I'll look much more like I know what I'm doing, and will therefore catch loads more fish :rolleyes:

Yes dog sitter and health permitting.No doubt bruv will be near me so you can see with and without extra skin (hes a woss so bound to have it on!) In fact you can put mine up for me....er just so you can see how easy it is!

That's generous of you! As a return favour, you can put up the old cypry dome so you can, erm, check how spacious it is!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Why not get an Argos brolly for 15 quid, which is bombproof. It comes with 5 tether points. One on top and 4 on the stems, so you can really stabilise it, especially if you have a screw in bankstick to replace the spike it comes with.

Then save your cash for a decent bivvy.

That way you can just take the brolly for day sessions and if doing an overnighter you can keep all your bags and tackle under the brolly to keep it all dry, leaving the bivvy empty for you and your camping gear.

Could probably get both for less than half the price of a brolly/wrap system.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Rich

Whats that Richard real wet men?

As for repairing the old one glad to see Im not the only tight wad! :D:D

That's generous of you! As a return favour, you can put up the old cypry dome so you can, erm, check how spacious it is!

Most kind! And if ever your not sure what washing up liquid to buy...........

Andrew, this is something I researched extensively a couple of seasons ago when looking for a new shelter for Wingham. My requirements were exactly the same as yours.

The two that made my shortlist were the Dave Lane STI and the Trakker A-Lite both with overwraps if you want them for occasional winter use. The overwraps also keep them cool in summer.

I went for the A-Lite in the end for one reason only - it's the only one with Mosquito mesh panels in the sides of the overwrap so that you can see outside easily. I think I paid around £190 for a new bivvy and wrap mail order.

The STI can be bought quite reasonably on E-bay but I didn't mind paying the extra for the better visibility offered by the A-Lite. Apart from that they are much of a muchness.

Take a look at this one though, if this was available at the time I'd definitely have gone for this it's the mutts nuts:

http://www.anglingintelligence.com/s_produ...ndex.php?id=014

There's an A-Lite being auctioned on Ebay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Trakker-A-Lite-Bivvy...id=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by Elton

I know what you mean!

Are you going to the Sept SG meeting? If so I'll pick a sheltered swim and have a look then.

Andrew, I will bring my mate Sti Brolly and the overwrap down with me in the September SG meeting - you can try it out before buying one.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/