New bivvy

Anderoo

The saga drags on :rolleyes:

The STI twin skin is a very nice bivvy, but it's just too heavy for what I need it for. It's a real pity (and a pain) but my own fault for not doing enough research. I phoned the shop that I bought it from today and explained the problem, and have just put it in the post to them for a refund. Posting it back cost me just under £20! Whoops.

So it's back to a toss-up between the STI and the A-Lite. Wish me luck... <_<

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you hang on for another month? Then you can compare either the STI Brolly and the A-lite :rolleyes: at the next wingham date!

I think I'll need it before then Andrew - I hope I will anyway! I could get away with the old bivvy I suppose, if the weather is good...a bit of a risk though.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think I'll need it before then Andrew - I hope I will anyway! I could get away with the old bivvy I suppose, if the weather is good...a bit of a risk though.

You can borrow my brolly as rain insurance if you want!

Rich

Hi Andrew

as you know I bought both the a lite and a maver base camp 1 man bivvy in a sale.

I have put both up in my workshop and they are easy to erect and put away.

My fishing mate (big Mick) decided to get a bivvy aswell for our bream nights. He looked around but was so impressed with the maver he bought one of those aswell. They are actually quite high in the front.

I will keep the A lite for day sessions but have used the maver now several times overnight and like to zip myself in. It has a full front that can be removed making it identical to a lite or ST1. With front in I find it very good. I also find it light to carry.

I think they are about £100 at various places.

regards

john

Thanks for that John. I just googled the Maver and it looks pretty good. However, I need to get my replacement bivvy from the same shop (store credit) and they don't sell it. Whichever one I get, I'll get the wrap too anyway. It will probably be the JRC...

That's very generous, thanks Budgie. I think I'll need to make a decision by next Wednesday though, which is when they should recieve the twin skin back...