New bivvy

Anderoo

Well, the '24-hour' parcelforce delivery took a week, and I've just spoken to the tackle shop I sent the bivvy back to, and they haven't got it. But it has been signed for and delivered.

Gah! This is turning into such a nightmare.

So who knows where it is.

I am hoping to go bream fishing next weekend, and it's now looking very likely that I will be bivvy-less. Can anyone help me out with a temporary loan, pretty please? I promise not to catch anything!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might able to help out if you want to borrow my mate bivvy?

Cheers Andrew. I don't suppose you'll be going anywhere near either Oxford or Wingham in the next week?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Cheers Andrew. I don't suppose you'll be going anywhere near either Oxford or Wingham in the next week?

I'm half thinking of trying to join you at Wingham but if not you can borrow my brolly.

Rich

Anderoo - I am down at Wingham (Hopefully next saturday morning) but not sure what time I will get there! But if you want the bivvy before next weekend - then I am willing to come down to Oxford and give it to you this weekend! And if you got a back garden then I could even show you how to set it all up!

Let me know what you want to do! ;)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Thanks for the offers (especially yours Andrew, very generous!) but I'm relieved to say that the missing parcel has now finally turned up and I just swapped it for a Trakker A-Lite with the wrap, which should(!) arrive next Tuesday or Wednesday. If it doesn't, I'm planning to go next Saturday too, so Andrew can I take you up on your offer please? If I do need to borrow it I'll let you know. Hopefully mine will arrive in time...

Sounds like a few of us will be there, excellent!

I went for the A-lite in the end for a couple of reasons. Firstly it has slightly more headroom than the STI brolly (I'm quite tall) and it's a tiny bit lighter, and the wrap has mozzi panels which help with visibility. That said, there's virtually nothing to choose between them and the STI wins on a few other points.

I hate buying mail order :angry:

Ok then that sorted then! :rolleyes: Please let me know by thursday evening at the latest if yours haven't come then.

Will do, thanks again Andrew.

I have used a JRC Stealth for a good few years now both with the front panel on and off.

I have never had a problem with it and have fished in very windy weather. You can sqeeze them into very tight swims unlike most bivvies.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Judging by the number of hits this topic has got, people do love a good bivvy thread :D

In case it's useful, Trakker have some videos on their site showing how to assemble various bivvies. I found it helpful, it would be good if other companies do the same (perhaps they do, I haven't looked).

http://www.trakkerproducts.co.uk/english/trakker-videos.htm

The other thing companies really need to do is be explicit about how much their bivvies weigh - on their own with all the pegs, bags, groundsheet, etc., and with the overwrap (where applicable). It can be next to impossible to find this out for some models, and it's vital when deciding which one to get.