bad news for me

mike1234

i have been fishing a local water for some time now i used to fish it as a child and i got back into fishing about 3 years ago and managed to get a membership to a local farm pond which was ran by my friends dad and a few others

a few people on there books paying 15 a year to be a member and when the books are full it is only when someone doesn't renew there permit can someone new be issued a permit

the water was always clean and never over fished with some decent fishing and no idiots or rules apart from take care of the fish and use common sense

but last night i heard that after this year the farmer is going to be taking back control of the water adding a "specimen lake" and charging for day tickets

i know its hard times for farmers at the minute and i suppose he needs to get extra income from somewhere

but i still cant help feeling its going to be some how ruined, the water holds some nice roach, bream, and tench, which i think will suffer if the place ends up being one of these waters over stocked with carp

i would rather catch a 2lb roach than 2lb f1 any day

You will have to let me know once it has been stocked with Carp, so that I can turn up for a session and camp out behind my rod pod with my MASH UNIT.

I am going for a 48 hour session next week end with a casual angler and he kindly described my session fishing set up being more like a MASH UNIT then some one fishing. I think he was making a disparaging remark about all the gear I bring on such sessions, bivy, umbrella, stove, bed chair, chair, tonnes of bags and some times an old spare bivy to store gear in. All I need now is a big red cross to put on my bivvy :)

But I do know what you mean, many mixed coarse fisheries have been spoilt by turning them into Carp lakes. Maybe you will be lucky and the Carp brigade will not invade your water.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

Why not speak to the farmer and suggest he digs out a new pond for the F1s etc. and leave the original water for the natural herd??

That way he can charge for 2 waters and cater for twice as many anglers, thus doubling his profits in the process. That would suit everyone.

If he alters just the one water, he would be attracting carpers alone and the natural anglers would avoid the place completely.

If he uses his noggin he could attract twice as many anglers than he envisaged and their money.

That would be a nicer place. one water for naturals and one water for stockies.

It would also give him the option of using either water for Beginners and/or expert matchmen.

I know what I'd do if I had the option.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Spot on Poach.And the new pool could be dug in the now standard "snake" style to increase the avaiable amount of pegs and give the match men what is now pretty much expected.

Ive never had that much of a problem if someone wants to create a new mud hole my issue is when they turn existing fisheries in to them!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Thanks Budgie. I wasn't sure if that was me talking crap or not..... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

i havent spoke to the farmer personally but i have spoke to a few of the lads who up until now have ran the water and they said that the plan is to add a much larger lake and the lake at the top is to have proper pegs put in and restocked,

i just hope they dont ruin the place too much, every visit i have always had a decent catch on the float and dont know why the place would need restocking if its possible to catch a decent amount of fish,

and the fact that its a good mixed fishery means when the float goes under it could be anything, hopefully he will keep the balance,

and from my experience with the farmer he is a grumpy old so and so, maybe once he sees what types of "anglers" congregate on these types of waters and he gets fed up with picking plastic bags and tin cans out of his fields he might change his mind

i havent spoke to the farmer personally but i have spoke to a few of the lads who up until now have ran the water and they said that the plan is to add a much larger lake and the lake at the top is to have proper pegs put in and restocked,

i just hope they dont ruin the place too much, every visit i have always had a decent catch on the float and dont know why the place would need restocking if its possible to catch a decent amount of fish,

and the fact that its a good mixed fishery means when the float goes under it could be anything, hopefully he will keep the balance,

and from my experience with the farmer he is a grumpy old so and so, maybe once he sees what types of "anglers" congregate on these types of waters and he gets fed up with picking plastic bags and tin cans out of his fields he might change his mind

In my experience "restocking" all ways means pasty carp! The matchmen want them and the instant carper wants more fish to "grow on"! All so they can catch more carp easier! A great shame as it definately trashs "natural" waters.

My second point is that unless extremely, skint grumpy farmers normally just stop all fishing once they get the hump with the antics you describe! Best of luck of luck Mike.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!