Hooks are becoming dangerous

Leon Roskilly

Guest Brumagem Phil
Got a size 16 whisker-barb in my forefinger today, next to the nail.

Took ages getting it out :(

That's three times this year!

I'd suggest you take up knitting Leon, but I reckon you'd only turn yourself into a kebab! :rolleyes:

I'd suggest you take up knitting Leon, but I reckon you'd only turn yourself into a kebab! :rolleyes:

Crochet hooks have quite blunt barbs.............................so I'm informed!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Had a Chub of about 1lb take a plug a couple of weeks back. So there I am standing on a steep slippery bank, lifted out the Chub and went to remove the treble when it shook it's head. Holding still hooked fish in left hand and treble sticking in right hand had me wondering what to do. Thankfully Chub remained still, in the end I managed to get my teeth onto the hook and threw by right hand downwards, out popped the hook. Chub swam off strongly with a huge grin.

I normally shut the barbs on my plugs . . teach me for using one I'd missed. :rolleyes:

Andrew Boyd