Fishery Websites

Elton

Posted on behalf of jimmk - please add all replies to this thread:

can any one tell me why so meany fisherys dont have a web address .

i have tryed to look up some new places to go an the ones that looked good i could not find a site for them . how do the oweners hope to get bodys on ther waters if you carnt find out any thing about them .

like the price what the waters like

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Some fisheries have a website, even a basic one but many dont.

I think generally it all comes down to the IT knowledge and business acumen of the fishery owner. If he is an old fashioned kind of person then the idea of a website (what is this web thingy anyways?!) has never crossed his mind. I could even generalise/stereotype and perhaps upset a few people by saying that many of these owners are farmers and could be VERY old fashioned!

There are several lakes near me which dont have their own website but someone has at least included them in a local fisheries directory with information on prices, rules, opening times, etc.

My advice is, if you have some knowledge of how to build a website then why not ask your local fishery manager if he would like a free site in exchange for free fishing for a year? Thats what I intend to do!

But just like in any business, if you dont keep up with the times, latest technology and business practise then you may lose out. However...some fishery owners may not want any more people fishing on their water! :D

Because otters are now computer literate B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!