E-Bay...AGAIN

Norrie

Hiya, Any help here, I ,and a couple of others were bidding on a book, Casting For Gold,was up to about a fiver with a day to go.. Then a short while ago, I end up getting a mail from good old E-Bay, saying that all the bids had been cancelled...it had been taken off due to an "error" with the seller not putting the correct price on at the start. Then I see it is relisted starting at £12.50, with a buy it now of £15.00 .Is this allowed, obviously it is, but I thought that once an item had bids on it, they had to follow through with the sale..... :rolleyes::rolleyes: I have already sent a mail to the seller asking what is going on, and to Ebay too. I can put the link up if anyone wants it....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

They always seem to have rules of thier own Norrie ... which they change to suit !

[ 05. May 2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: MrWiggly ]

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Your not supposed to edit or remove an item once there's bids on it unless you've stated that it's advertised elsewhere & you'll remove it if sold elsewhere.

I know as I sold 10 sets of daylites for £1.20 last week :( but went ahead & sent them as it was my mistake, not the customers.

I would contact e-bay if you feel cheated but contact the seller about it first as they may have a valid explanation!

good luck.

I have noticed this alot recently, seems when ever you think you are going to win an item at a good price, the seller ends it early.

Not like the good old days of ebay when sellers seemed to honour low bids.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I sure that you cannot back out of an auction once it has had a bid on it. You may revise some things as an added comment which appears as a comment further down the page or maybe say that you have made an error but you cannot revise the original description or staring price. You may also post more pictures to enhance you sale. I have removed sales but only before they have had a bid on them and therefore nobody has commited to buy and you have not committed to sell.

I would contact Ebay and point out to them what has happened and if necessary remind them of their own rules. I bet that if you make an error somebody would jump on you like as ton of bricks. I have also made mistakes but have honoured whatever I have described or priced.

You simply cannot duck out because your item is not going to make the price you wanted. You pays your money and takes your choices good or bad.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Got my copy of CFG from ebay for £10.00 inc postage.

Always check the sellers feedback.

Just got a 128mb memory stick for £9.00 inc P & P!! Just missed out of a 64 that went of £3.00 inc p & P !!!

Andrew Boyd

Hiya, I did mail the seller, and got some real cheeky reply, but with an email addy like Shavenhaven.....what do you expect, will use my own advice in future, and check out feedback properly. Thank chaps....

Oh, BTW, Have a look at this one, thank god I DID check him out....

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...regarmstrong500

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest Ferret1959

Ebay is ****** when it comes to sticking to the rules.

I won the bidding on an electric scooter, the 'seller' refused to sell it to be cos he paid £400 for it and wasn't letting me have it for the winning bid of £100.

Ebay just said they couldn't force the seller in to letting me have my purchase.

A binding contract means 4 call.(On Ebay)

LOOK

And another who did the dirty.

Same seller same sh!t

Ebay rules, made for breaking.

[ 06. May 2005, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]