Presidential Approval Rating

Newt

The folks at Rasmussen.com do daily polls on a number of political topics. One of their biggies is where they track the percentage that strongly approve of a person or policy vs the number who strongly disapprove. It seems to be more accurate in reflecting trends than the number who overall approve or disapprove.

I've put in a graph and a photo of the detailed numbers for July for President Obama from US voters. The photo of daily numbers is large so I embedded it to speed up loading for this topic.

poll.jpg

poll_rating.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The same source (Rasmussen.com), last month reported their research shows that 62% (OF US citizens) Say Bush, Not Obama, is to Blame For ongoing Economic Problems.

Their biggest reported slump was in approval rates was with reference to Bush. So the new boy has a way to go yet. Or are you trying to claim your 'I told you so' points a bit early?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Emma - I gotta live with the results of his actions and his democratic majority in both houses so I'm pulling for him to do well but so far I am massively unimpressed.

I sincerely hope he pleasantly surprises me but at this point, I have more doubts than I did when he was elected and that is saying something.

If he is impeached at some point, I will surely post an, "I told you so". If he is not reelected (very unusual) I will be relieved. Otherwise, I will just hope to survive his time in office.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President