Fool A Fish

bigginz92

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used it? No.

Any fraction of as good as that listing says amongst the several pages of rave reviews? Almost certainly not.

Too good to be true? I'd bet on it.

Are you selling it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

snake-oil.jpg

The perfect stuff if you have a squeaky snake! :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

snake-oil.jpg

"If afflicted with deafness" it says - that's me !

But hang on - aren't rattlesnakes supposed to be deaf anyway ?

...or is the rationale based on homeopathic logic ?

As for the fool-a-fish - well, J Dunne's book "Sunshine and the Dry Fly" might give some credence to the idea of enhancing UV, but those halibut caught from deep off Alaska live a long way from sunshine - that's why they make their own Vitamin D!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The whole buisness of "magical additives" leaves me a bit cold and very sceptical! Be it a US Bass Masters Champ pushing his latest must use spray on lure scent, the latest UK carp flavour,dead bait attracter oils or even Archie Braddocks maggot flavourings! (on the sbject of who Ive just got his book and going to give it a read because of the Burkesters confidence in it!)

Yes Im sure there are some boillie flavours that work better than others.Im sure that some deadbait oils/bait sprays may work in some situations and the same with good old Archies ideas.BUT they are not the instant path to sucsess that they are often made out to be or "wanted" to be by most who buy them!

Also the testing thing is always a bit dodgy in my mind! I spoke to a guy who really went off at me when I said I personally didnt rate them........he always uses them and always has! not much comparing there then!

How do you prove (even when fishing a couple of rods with flavoued/unflavoured or different flavoured baits) that it was the flavour that caused the bait to be taken and not that the bait was taken regardless/despite of the flavouring?

Now this new stuff that improves/increases the UV reflectiveness makes sense but surely only on artificials? The fly tying world has long been keen on Fluro materials and "black light" testing of such.Us anglkers even have such fitted on their boats to help charge up lures/attract fish/see lines at night (Newt may be able to explain more).Cant see how it would really affect a boillie or maggots? but it may do! But back to my initial question of how do we find out?

The price might be reasonable (well to some!) and yes using such products may help confidence but I reckon more fish will end up on the bank through good watercraft than any chemical additive!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!