Parcel Courier Service

argyll

Anyone recommend a UK parcel courier service please, that will accept a 6 foot fishing rod ? ParcelForce it seems are still living in the dark ages.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just had that problem Argyll - the solution is ANC (we switched over to ANC on Tuesday this week).

They'll deliver up to 3m in length and 30kg at their standard contract rates AND for us anyway our contract rate for the ANC 24hr service is better than it is for ParcelFarce* 48hr.

*Typo, sorry!

Ian W

Gerry, I have used Initial City Link ???( think that is correct name ), a few times now and no probs. Have sent a few rods about two hundred miles and has cost about fifteen quid each time. Always seem to be delivered next day at as standard.

I've used umpteen firms over the years, both for my own businesses and those of clients. My recommendation is also Initial City Link, which by the way accept long rods.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Thanks again chaps. All of the depots are open today but all of the accounts sections appear to be closed until monday. will arrange something then.

LOL

Not disagreeing with others, but if I ever have a problem receiving a parcel, it's down to Initial City Link.

Had some 'fun' with them the other day when picking up some bait. Despite getting the card through my door and ringing them to arrange collection and then driving into town especially the next day, they wouldn't let me have it because it just so happened that my ID didn't say "Anglers' Net" on it.

Strangely, Anglers' Net isn't actually my name :rolleyes:

:D

I use Interlink Express for my deliveries. You get the the odd problem over the course of the year, but they are the best I've found in many years of looking.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The big problem with the major courier services is that they require you to be a trade customer. I've only found two companies that will handle a 6 foot parcel and they both declined the job on the basis that it was a one-off job. I've emailed several ebay sellers who are selling long rods in the hope that one will share the secret with me. Some claim that the rods will be sent Royal Mail first class. But if its in excess of 1.5 metres then it should not in theory be possible. So how does it work ?

Take this one for example

cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAIWA-COINESSEUR-11-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and this one

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-BRAND-NEW-D-A-M-FI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Elton:

if I ever have a problem receiving a parcel, it's down to Initial City Link.

In my experience they can all cause problems - the weakest part of the chain is the van driver who is too incompetent/too lazy to find your house, and takes the parcel back to the depot :mad:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...