Parcel Courier Service

argyll

Take this one for example

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-BRAND-NEW-D-A-M-FI...1QQcmdZViewItem [/QB]

I also note he is telling us his tubes cost him £5.99????? His tales are as long as his bloody rods!! :D

But have to agree with Elton. Initial City Link are rubbish at delivering etc. I have been looking for around two weeks now and even as I am trade the quotes I am getting are horrendous!! I used to pay either £7 or £8 a time and now it is £12.50 to £20!!! I can deliver cheaer myself sometimes!! I will however keep looking and let you know!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANC Leeds. Just off phone, spoke to "BILL" £10.37 Inc VAT on a 2/3 day economy to UK address. Insurance is extra £7 for £1000 of cover!!! That is for Carp rod in tube and Reel in box. I am just getting my coat!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I'll get you the details of my account manager - we are getting 24hr next day for much (much) less than £10.37, with a late-ish 4:30pm pick up (which is good for us). I assume you strap your reels to the carp tubes (I always do), using decent tape and they very rarely fall off (although label the boxes just in case!).

We've only been using ANC for a couple of weeks but they are by far the best firm I have ever dealt with. I had an important order (which I marked on the box) and they even RANG ME to tell me that the customer wasn't in. They tried the next day when he was and RANG ME BACK AGAIN to tell me it had been delivered.

They also do a 'bagged' service like city link, which is ideal for reels and the like, with 24hr rates being pretty competative (especially against royal mail standard parcels with insurance/signature).

Ian W

By the way, I have worked for several companies in the past and wouldn't consider City Link to be reliable. In fairness I wouldn't consider ParcelForce to offer any kind of phone service (although they are pretty reliable). Our suppliers use Interlnk, DHL and TNT which all seem pretty reliable, although I suspect you have to shift quite big volume to get a good rate on all three.

All in though ANC for a small company like ours is ideal and I cannot fault them thus far (although it has only been a couple of weeks so far!).

Ian W

Which firm is best very much depends on the efficiency of the local branch, many of which are run on a franchise basis. The Ashford, Kent branch of Initial City Link is excellent. I can't say the same about their Bournemouth branch though!

Overall, having dealt with many firms on behalf of clients nationwide over the years, I rate Initial City Link the best.

As for rates, I've found that you're more likely to get a good deal if the branch is close by. This is because it'll have more vehicles in your area that in turn leads to greater flexibility.

BTW, all Initial City Link contracts include cover for up to £15000 for UK destinations in the price. Most other firms either have a limit per kilo - this is hopeless for light but valuable items like fishing rods! What's worse is that sometimes you can't even buy extra cover from them. Instead you have to buy a separate Goods in Transit policy via your insurance broker. This could be worthwhile though if your volume is high enough. Unfortunately Initial City Link adopt this policy for overseas parcels and so here we use Royal Mail.

We also use Royal Mail for parcels under 2kg as its rates are competitive until the 2kg threshold is breached.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk:

Interlnk -- only a computer programmer would have misspelt that word....

No. Interlink themselves would have probably done the same :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It is funny how the franchises do effect the service.

Honestly, when Julian and I ever discuss couriers at work the word 'City' is always replaced with a similar sounding word in their case :D

Business Post were a disaster for me in the past, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

quote:

From alt.humor.best-of-usenet

> In my new job, I've collected a

> few number of dead hard disks that

> contains confidental information on

> them. What's the best way of disposing

> of them in such a way that the hard disks

> can never be used again, not even if

> they swap parts with 'donor' hard disks?

Post them to yourself via City Link to destroy them, and then post them again via Parcel Force for disposal.

Made me laugh, anyway.