Parcel Courier Service

argyll

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

Honestly, when Julian and I ever discuss couriers at work the word 'City' is always replaced with a similar sounding word in their case    :D    

Did you perchance affect a lisp in these discussions? :D

[ 04. October 2005, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Alan Stubbs ]

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Been in touch with ANC today. £10.50 to send a rod from a to b and £7 for £1000 of insurance. Will take and deliver with a cheque.

I will go with ANC as they are the ONLY company with whom I have both sent and received parcels and I have to say they are BLOODY excellent!!! Never blobbed on me at any time! Unlike Bus.Post,City Lank,Parcel Farce, Royal Mule or any of the other waste of space companies!!

Just to add to this I today had a reply from Royal Mail with regard to Proof of Posting!! I have asked them to provide me with the proof that I HAVE to provide ALL details for who I send goods to and the goods details and cost and date of posting and address posted to and...... The geek at Leeds Customer Services sent me?? A book with the paragraph highlighted which states, "In order to make a claim for non delivery you have to provide a proof of posting" Can someone tell me which bloody planet these imbeciles are from??? This is not only to me CRASS it is also insulting!!

I also had a reply from the Chair of Royal Mail. That on the other hand is VERY enlightening!! And when I get chance I will scan and publish certain pertinent parts of it!! Suffice to say the ROYAL MAIL does NOT have ANY policy or rules or anything else which tells anyone what is required in order to make a claim for loss of goods!!!! So my question tomorrow will be (AGAIN!) Where are they quoting from when they tell me I DO HAVE TO PROVIDE chapter and verse!! I have to provide a PROOF OF POSTING ONLY!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi all

i went to parcel farce the other day to post one item which i had to make two separate because it was too long,to be honest apart from the size annoying problems,they were very helpful.

its funny cos when i worked for parcel farce (my nearest depot)it was run by old gits who cracked bones while trying to move around,plus the younger staff who mainly controlled the loading of the trucks which means in english(kick the boxes up to the guy on the lorry who then throws it down the back(despite fragile)its insured its fair game.

i will use anc from now on cheers for the recommendations i can now use a better service with enough brains to realise that by accepting a larger size allowence of parcels they are building a strong and unflaffy service(id run a buisness which has the same if not bigger allowences its what people need,and not have to repackage because its over a stupid size limit,wise up parcel force and you may crawl out the gutter.

sg

Chris Goddard:

Been in touch with ANC today. £10.50 to send a rod from a to b and £7 for £1000 of insurance.  

Blimey, Chris! £17.50! That's twice what I pay Initial City Link! And that includes £15000 of insurance.

Speak to your insurance broker about an annual Goods In Transit policy. It may be cheaper than paying ANC. Either they're making a big profit or they're getting a lot of claims......

[ 09. October 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Steve Burke ]

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Have used Initial City Link several times in the past, due to Royal Mail length limits.

Never had any issues, they're local and I drop the parcel off at the depot.

One thing I've found useful for sending rods is to pack them in the cardboaed tube that carpets are rolled around - Just visit your local "Carpet right" shop and they'll be happy to give you as many as you want - just cut them to length.

I used to let my US customers send UPS to collect their parcels on their own accounts.

Never again - two haven't paid and I'm being chased for the money :mad:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Darrell, just out of interest, do you have an account with Intial City Link or do you just turn up and 'pay as you go' ?

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'