Help & advice in Scotland please

scotsgun

Folks,

I'd be grateful for any advice or help you can give me. I've recently returned to Scotland after some 15yrs absence (did you miss me?) and would like to get back into fly, trout and salmon fishing.

I'm based in South Lanarkshire, work in Ayrshire and stalk in Dumfries and Galloway. So, can anyone suggest good venues, rivers, lochs and clubs, etc.

I can't believe how much the fishing has changed in only 15yrs.

• 2 weeks later...
Folks,

I'd be grateful for any advice or help you can give me. I've recently returned to Scotland after some 15yrs absence (did you miss me?) and would like to get back into fly, trout and salmon fishing.

I'm based in South Lanarkshire, work in Ayrshire and stalk in Dumfries and Galloway. So, can anyone suggest good venues, rivers, lochs and clubs, etc.

I can't believe how much the fishing has changed in only 15yrs.

There are a few places to fish that are pretty good, but it all depends what you are after.

If you are into the river fishing, then the River Nith (Dumfries and Galloway) is good for Salmon and Sea/Brown Trout. The river Avon and Clyde (Lanarkshire) are both good as well. If you are into stillwaters then there are numerous trout fisheries about Lanarkshire, that can be found quite easily on the net, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Not really sure about anything in ayrshire, but I'm sure there are loads of places to fish down that neck of the woods.

Hope this is of some (limited) help.

Cheers,

astro