Favorite meal on return from fishing trip

medwaygreen

I guess that after a long fishing trip having munched our way through the rations we took with us,most times not enough,we all have a favorite meal that we like to come home too.Mine is without doubt shepherds pie with peas and gravy made with the juice from the meat,nothing added just reduced by half.

NOTHING BETTER,WHATS YOURS? :):):)

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time I finish its either breakfast time in which case its a bulging bacon,tomato and maple syrup sandwich and a big mug of fresh tea from the mobile eatery at Tibbetts Corner on the A3, or its late in the evening, in which case its a big bowl of Hong Kong noodles from Pangs just around the corner washed down with a couple of bottles of Becks. Either way I'm usually too tired to cook, unless its on my boat. I put a disposable bbq on a frame fitted on an outboard bracket and go for it. Occasionally we blank but nobody starves on my boat.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Whatever Norma provides - have never been disappointed yet

A favourite meal when the grandsons visit for summer tench fishing is the "second half" of our breakfast. :rolleyes:

The first half is a rapid nosh/sluice of milk, cereal, fruit and coffee just before 4 am, then when we return at about 10 or 11 am after the best of the fishing is over, we tackle the next two courses - of fried egg, bacon, sausages, beans, black pudding, mushrooms,tomatoes and hash browns - followed by as much toast, marmite and marmalade as the lads can eat.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I generally fish till I can't see my float, so in the summer I usually arrive back home late and just munch a sandwich before crashing!

In midwinter though, nothing beats putting a few sausages, gravy and a chopped carrot and onion in the slow cooker before leaving in the morning. Leave it cooking all day and boil up a few spuds when you get home, the best bangers and mash you'll ever have :)

Mat

Chicken madarse,mushroom pilau,garlic nan washed down with 10 pints of Smiffies - luxury

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy